1922 Columbia Superb - Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Here is my latest acquisition. It is a 1922 Columbia, Westfield Superb Single Bar Camelback. Forks are tweaked I will get those straightened. They were originally chrome which would tend to make this a fairly high end bike. I have my work cut out for me on this project. it is my hope to return this bike to it's former glory, possibly without painting it. We shall see, stay tuned. i will update with the parts as I gather them. Oh yeah, couple of other things about this bike. The year is 1922 and the chain is 1/4 by 1/2" pitch. Pretty rare. The wheels and tires (not pictured, but I have them) are Triple step and the rear sprocket way wide to accomodate this chain. Check out the aluminum pedals, for 1922!!! Just too cool.

Joe

Columb1.jpg

Columb2.jpg

Columb3.jpg

Columb4.jpg

Columb5.jpg

Boardtrack fan said:
Wow! What a great find. Some rare stuff for sure. Can't wait to see it done. IF you don't want that badge anymore I could use it for my arch frame!
You got a better chance getting his first born!................Nice bike Joe, seems kinda different for you.

Awesome! I am going to be following this one closely, can't wait to see it done! Really, really cool.

Back