Western Flyer turned Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Here's a before pic of the Western Flyer before. I decided to paint over the blue paint & then just scuff it up with steel wool.
P9130001.jpg

After
P9240005.jpg

P9240006.jpg

P9240007.jpg

P9240008.jpg

I think I'm going to hand letter the tank with some kind of name & put some writing & striping on the fenders as if It were an old bicycle shop ride.

Actually I did do it, haha!!! The bottom bar under the tank had been re-welded on & not done very nicely & the blue spray paint that was done years ago was horrible. The truss rods that were on the bike were home made from copper tubing also.

if it was meant to stay the same, it wouldnt have been for sale in the first place :mrgreen: i like shiny paint but this bike looks better now :D

I like it!
I've actually been contemplating something similar on an old columbia I have with not so nice original paint. Kinda like the paint on the Electra Relic.

He definitely did the bike a favor with the new "old" paint. Now if only the tires would stay on the rim :lol: We went riding today and ran into problems: popped a tire on a stingray and had two tires come off of the rims of two different bikes :?

Back