Western Flyer Jet Tanker - DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I thought I would share a few pics of my latest build. It was too cold for a real shoot, so a driveway shoot was the best I could do for now. I am loving this bike and I think it is my favorite build so far. Taking it to the Hoosier show this weekend and entering it in the RAT class.

wfhr19.jpg

My Higgins had a brand change. They were both the same Murray built frame anyway.
wfhr20.jpg

New Departure Model D cleaned up nicely. Thought about a new set of wheels, but decided to be authentic and roll old school
wfhr21.jpg

Loving the seat and the rear fender. Its awesome when you can't find what your looking for and make it yourself
wfhr22.jpg

Murray Aero Line chainguard
wfhr23.jpg

I think the 24X3s give the bikes an awesome stance.
wfhr24.jpg

wfhr25.jpg

Not the perfect light, but the patina matches and it looks cool.
wfhr26.jpg

pure fatness
wfhr27.jpg

wfhr28.jpg

100% Aero Hotness!!!!!!
Nice work buddy!!!

Thanks guys! I am seriously proud of this one. I mean it isn't going to get the oohs and aahs that Grumpy from RRBBO7 gets, but this is my idea of a rat bike. It is parts from a bunch of different bikes, it has chips, rust, etc....but it isn't too far gone. Not to mention I just love the 50s style artwork and graphics.

So, I think I am done buying/starting new projects until RRBBO8. I am going to keep my eye out for that unique project for RRBBO8, but short of that, I am in cleanup and even sell mode. I figure I have that '28 Elgin 700c that I need to assemble. I have a mens 41 Huffman tanker that I want to try my hand at restoration. I have a '66 Schwinn Starlet that I want to build for my wife to match my '66 Typhoon (66 is our birthyear) and I have a 16" Pixie that I want to build for my grandaughter to go along with my grandson's 12" Lil Tiger. I have enough crap to keep me busy for months!

Wow!! :D

Great looking bike, Terry! 8) One of the "Best of RRB" to me! :!: Keep up the great work, can't wait to see your next build! :wink:

Looks awesome!

this looks sweet i know what you mean about the stance of the 24x3 i just made over my CWC and slapped on some 24x3 kendas and im in love all over again...killer!! i need a rear fender like yours and i will good to go....

jaysmo said:
this looks sweet i know what you mean about the stance of the 24x3 i just made over my CWC and slapped on some 24x3 kendas and im in love all over again...killer!! i need a rear fender like yours and i will good to go....

You should post some pics in the gallery. I'd like to see it. The rear fender was a freebie from Oz1972. Then I just butchered....I mean "customized" it!
:lol:

Latest posts

Back