Western Flyer Grand Trophy and Schwinn Hollywood

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked these up today. The Schwinn was built in April of 1976. I imagine the Flyer is from this period as well. They both have some light rust but I will get most off with 0000 wool. Both are completely original and tires are in good shape. Really stoked about the Schwiin! Both have old speedometers that appear to be in really good shape.

What do you guys think?

ef954f7ef5ca04329613edb6300429bf.jpg

6a98cbe7d2bdde59e553080136b09a98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yep. That Trophy would make a cool Bassett Star Cruiser clone. A set of Bassett decals is only $35

I hadn’t really paid attention to the down tube but that straight line is really cool!

This one...
00y0y_lhu48z9Zb8K_1200x900.jpg

...has been sitting on my (semi-) local CL for months. I went and looked at it, but the lady won't budge on the $65 price :grin:. I like the frame design...but, the welds are fairly horrible toothpaste looking things. Some clean up would definitely have to be done or the Bassett stickers might curl up and fall off trying to get away :giggle:.

Jason

This one...
00y0y_lhu48z9Zb8K_1200x900.jpg

...has been sitting on my (semi-) local CL for months. I went and looked at it, but the lady won't budge on the $65 price :grin:. I like the frame design...but, the welds are fairly horrible toothpaste looking things. Some clean up would definitely have to be done or the Bassett stickers might curl up and fall off trying to get away :giggle:.

Jason

I paid 40 bones for each of these bikes. Gonna sell the two speedometers to get some of my money back.

The pic on your post reminds me of an old girlfriend. Ridden hard and fast and put away wet!

Not fake... tribute. It's like wanting a Cobra...you could drop $500k for an original (not likely for most of us), or $30k for a nice repro that will give you all the fun and thrills without having to sell your home...and everything else you own...and maybe some organs.

Trying to pass a tribute off as an original is the no-no...but, all the stickers in the world aren't going to convince anyone with even a little knowledge that a WF Grand Trophy is a Bassett :bigsmile:.

Jason

Latest posts

Back