VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fleetwood if it makes u feel better the third vote came down to a coin flip. your bike is kool for the same reasons i like the undertaker. thinking outside the box which in the end i have always believed what the build off is about. progressing the hobby and pushing us just a little further each year. if i had for votes u would have been next buddy. i really dig skulli-o-sis (i think i misspell it everytime i type it) maybe because i would never build it, maybe because i like more flow who knows but it sticks with me every time i try to get it out of my head something on that bike grabs me back in. broken beaten and scared does the same thing for me again sorry dude lost in the sudden death coin toss i had with myself in the garage earlier. lets face it voting sucks i have done it a lot of times before. this is still real early in the voting and i see a race starting myself

purple said:
Still a 6 way tie for last place. We need this tie broken, come on and vote people. :wink:
Just don't vote for me...I want all the goodies that come with last! :lol: Who would have thought...AWESOME! DFL!

weekend-fun said:
icyuod2 said:
that takes care of my 3 votes, looks like everybody got at least one. :lol:
If that means you voted for me (I belive I had zero at the time of the post), your sir are a god!

Sa

well i did vote for the last 3 bikes without votes, but at the time of that post there where 4.
somebody voted for one of the 4 remainders and i took the last 3 with my vote.

who where they? I'll never tell. :)

where they mercy votes? certainly not. i just beat the others to the punch. :wink:
if i had 65 votes, i would have voted for each and everyone.

jcextreme said:
I would have to agree with Upper Class White Trash. There are alot of kick butt bikes displayed here but some are not exactly rat rods. Had it been a custom bike build i could have pulled out a doozie.

during the conception of skull-o-sis i got to thinking about this rat rod bike thing. i kinda figured there'd be mixed reviews about its place in the rat rod bike world. i'm very happily surprized that it got as many votes as it did. honestly, i really didn't expect the warm reception it got.

It's not the typical rat rod bike we see here. not a cantelever frame. I wasn't sure how it would be recieved. It's not rusty,and its covered in custom parts and paint.
the same could be said about engine no.9. its not the typical rat, its not rusty, for all purposes it's a pristine fully functional firetruck (which i adore-congrates on the fine work and the landside of votes :) )
or the supervillian chromed out the wazzooooo
basicly, rat rod biking means very different things to each of us. (and forum rules state, its not open to discussion)

myself, theres gotta be some old in there, it's gotta be cheap, ya gotta use what ya got and it needs to have additude a mile long. that's it, that's all that's everything.

no rust required, custom paints a.o.k. (as long as its flat black. :wink: )
i didn't see any customs, just a whole lot of kick butt rat rods! And of coarse a little insite into what rat rod biking means to each of us.

348h9hg.jpg

I certainly won't fault anyone for judging by a different set of parameters. SimpleMan's Broken, Beat and Scarred would get the nod over anything I chose, for sure, in a "which bike is more of a rat rod" poll.

deorman = resident wisecrackah :lol:

If I didn't think it would cause a bunch of problems I'd change the name of the community to bikerodder.com.

I already own that domain name. :mrgreen:

This would end this ongoing discussion over what a bike has to be like in order to be here.

Only problem is losing 4 years of brand recognition and search data. :(

I narrowed it down to a top 7 shortlist, and did a painful further cull from there. For me, all of my votes went to bikes which reflected a clear theme/style/vision for their bike. They also happened to all feature a reasonable level of fabrication work, but it worked in a wat that complimented the build not clashed with it.

bombshelterbikes said:
I would like to offer an "honorable mention" vote: "The Goon". This bike kept me coming back to simply look and appreciate the end result. What I really found admirable was that it proved that even the most generic, lame-o modern cruiser can be stripped down and reconfigured into something with unique character, style and presence. Besides, the BEST "action" shot of the entire build is this bike in a great downhill powerslide!

Thanks mate, that feedback is worth more than a vote :D And my girl, who took the pic, is stoked about your comments too :D

Rat Rod said:
deorman = resident wisecrackah :lol:

If I didn't think it would cause a bunch of problems I'd change the name of the community to bikerodder.com.

I already own that domain name. :mrgreen:

This would end this ongoing discussion over what a bike has to be like in order to be here.

Only problem is losing 4 years of brand recognition and search data. :(

Darn dude, if ya did that, where would we get our weekly dose of drama. :wink:

we love it just the way it is steve.
different spokes for different folks. :)

Wow! What a great collection of bikes. It took me longer to pick my votes here than it did to make my choices on our state primary election. Guess that shows something about me huh.
I loved all the bikes and I really appreciate this site. It's interesting that we have such a wide variety of folks on here. I'm an old fogey at 65 and I know at least one of these bikes was built by a very nice young man that I met at the Cartersville cruise in. I couldn't believe such talent in such a young person. Great to know our hobby is shared by the old and young alike.

Harleybuzzard

bighit said:
The rat rod vs custom rears it's head again.

Let me say this about my build Supernaut.
The paint on the frame and fork is how it came to me, Untouched.
The fenders are untouched.
The tank and guard have minor paint work.
The wheels are poached off my spaceliner.
The cranks are old bmx.
The stem is am old road lugged.
The bars are classic build off folk lour.
The seat stuff I bought new.
The horn,light and discs I had.

So what am I saying. While Supernaut has a flash to it, it is very rat. True I didn't customize much beyond the banana seat. On the other hand a lot goes into the editing process and making something flow.

widowmaker has me beat in the kiss dept and is nipping at my heals. #9 has us beat in the customizing dept and he is in the lead. there are too many days left to call it at this point but it's going to be a nail biter.

oh most def. ratty as heck bud, i don't think you could have made it rattier if you tried. :)
love every inch of that thing and i'm pretty sure i didn't see any rust on it. :) (nor does it need any)

thats what i'm getting at. different spokes for different folks, thats what makes this such a wonderful place to hang out.

Rat Rod said:

new stickers and t-shirts for everyone !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bighit said:
It's there you got to look at the big pics in the finished build thread. I went back and up loaded larger ones. Just click on them. Or go to my blog and you get super size ones when you click on them, I mean full screen.

Color pics were tough with the chrome. I got a flash back. That's why I used a lot of black and white.

skull-o-sis sports a bit of rust also. i didn't bother cleaning up the rims. :wink:

Latest posts

Back