void

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: So Cal riders- Aug 4 Parade ride, BBQ, More- La Habra, CA

I'm down. I'll probably bring my daughter too, if that's okay. She has a miniature pee-wee bike that I built her.

Bumping the thread again.

Latest details:
I got the parade app. back. The So Cal Rat Rod Ride is in!
I've ordered T-shirts for the parade. So Cal Rat Rod Ride shirt will be complimentary for parade riders.
The after parade reception is a go as well.
Finances are good for a change, so we'll have both potato and corn chips at the party. I've got some diet soda left over from July 4, so we'll be seriously whoopin' it up here afterwords.
The meet up will be at my house. I'll send directions, and all other info to those who RSVP

JWM

-This- was the thread that finally got me to quit being a lurker and register. :p I live in La Habra, and I'm totally up for the ride. My girlfriend is going too on the bizarro trike we made. I'll be riding Flux, my spark-throwing burrito. :D Can't wait to meet up with other riders around here.

The wife and I will be there and we are bring my nephew too, Been working on the stretch and regearing it so should be ready for the parade ride. Not only is it going to be awesome to ride the parade! we are looking forward to going over to the Senior home and visiting with them and hopefully put some laughter and fun in their day!

Hi folks-
Here's the latest information- I have the T-shirts. I got 30 in M,L, and XL. Of course, nothing goes without a hitch. I ordered 15L, 10M, and 5XL. I got 5 Medium, and 10 XL. Not to worry- I tried on the XL; it wasn't ridiculously too big on me, and I'm pretty skinny.

shrt2.JPG

shrt3.JPG

Oh, that's Mary modelling the sexy women's T. The sexy men's T looks just the same.
Here's the facebook link. gimme a "like" if you like the shirt. If you think it blows chunks then gimme a chunk.
http://www.facebook.com/john.maclean.1612

Anyway. Here's the schedule for the day:
Daylight to 7:59- meet up at our house for coffee, donuts, shirts.
8:00 am- We roll for the staging area at the corner of La Habra Bl. and Idaho. (about a mile from the house)
9:30- Parade rolls out. 1.1 miles.
Parade theme: As American as baseball, and apple pie. (hey, that's us all over)

They are doing some sort of judging of the parade entries. Immediately following the parade we'll have some time to take in the awards, and Corn Festival.

12:30- 1:30 Reception at Park Regency. I spoke with the activities director. They'll have drinks and snacks for us. I know the residents there pretty well- my mother lives there. This probably will not take very long. I scheduled an hour visit, but I would not be surprised if we're done early. We'll roll the bikes in, and some few of the seniors will come down to see, and chat. We'll get some photos.

1:30 Back to our place- We're having our official Big Party of the Summer, 2012 End of the World version. Food. Drink. All kinds of other stuff. Look forward to seein' y'all.

John M

Re: *UPDATE* So Cal riders- Aug 4 Parade ride La Habra, CA

In 4 parade man.

XL shirt please.

Pm 2 follow.

No facebook 4 me

I'm a small, but I guess I'll take a medium, lol. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. I'll be riding my Pee-wee bike, and I'm bringing my daughter and her mini pee-wee bike. Also my little brother might tag along on my '29 motobike. Anything you'd like us to bring for the afterparty? (I also don't facebook btw, too many crazy ex girlfriends.)

I have it on good authority that Facebook is the devil, so before I signed up I paid some gypsy curandera to cast spells and hexes against evil so I'd be protected on line. Best six hundred bucks I ever spent.

Anyway-
We'll have food and drink. If you like a special beer or wine, or have a recipe for dip, or some other thing you'd like to bring to share, feel free. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

John M

The wife, my nephew and I will be going even though I am such a petite person the XL might be a tight fit.. but i can just wear a black shirt.But the wife wears a Large and the newphew a XL if that is cool? we are looking forward to seeing everyone again and having fun on the ride.

Have no fear! We'll get y'all jammed into shirts, pointed in the right direction, and shoved out on the street somehow or other. Al suggested decorating the bikes with a red-white-blue All American theme. Parade tradition and all. Not a bad thought. I'll see what we can find when we're shopping around this week.

John M

Just bumping the thread, here.
This Saturday is the day.
To those who are coming - we're ready. We have:
T-shirts
Food
Drink
All kinds of other stuff.
And the invitation is still open to anyone in the So Cal area. Send me a PM
Looking forward to seeing you all.
*HA, Max ya' beat me to it.* See ya Saturday