Va-Va-Varoom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a kid back in the late sixties my dad drag raced in northern Iowa, so I threw this Roadmaster together as a bit of a nostalgic rememberance. Cheers

DSC04332.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

DSC04334.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

Great stance and style too! Kinda looks like the short lived AERO bodies for the Top Fuelers!

Joe

That is a great stance.Is it just off sized tires or did you modify the frame.Seat slammed with those bars is great too.Nice job.

ExtraBlaze said:
That is a great stance.Is it just off sized tires or did you modify the frame.Seat slammed with those bars is great too.Nice job.

26'' wheelset on this one, the front being the original one left in place and the rear one dug out of the attic. Cheers

That's really sweet! I love that frame and the whole looks is right-on. I just added another bike to my "Must find someday" list. :mrgreen:

Is the rear wheel a three speed, and is that a custom built wheel? (Excuse my inexperience in this area, I have only built a wheel or two :oops:) I have never seen a stock 3 speed wheel setup like that... what are the visegrips for? :lol:

The only thing I might do if it was my bike would be to replace the front tire with a WW. :D

Unchained said:
That's really sweet! I love that frame and the whole looks is right-on. I just added another bike to my "Must find someday" list. :mrgreen:

Is the rear wheel a three speed, and is that a custom built wheel? (Excuse my inexperience in this area, I have only built a wheel or two :oops:) I have never seen a stock 3 speed wheel setup like that... what are the visegrips for? :lol:

The only thing I might do if it was my bike would be to replace the front tire with a WW. :D

The rear wheel is from a wrecked ladies three speed that I garbage picked years ago and finally found a use for. As far as the vice grips go I was looking for something automotive or a tool to add to the bike, so Instead of drilling through the huge dropout for the brake bolt I just clamped it with a beat up pair of needle nose vice grips.

Latest posts

Back