Updated foto's of my first rat-Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just finished hooking up my new shifter to my first bike that I ratted out. Then I realized it has been one full year of membership to a site that has changed my life. I look at CL probably 10 times a day, look at bikes as parts sources instead of something rideable, and "talk" with people all over the world about a great and inexpensive hobby.

So on to the updated pics of my Hornet. This is where I started.
bike.jpg

Put a triple tree fork and different handlebars on it- First bike I posted on RatRodbikes.
1204061552.jpg

The Norwiegen bike that I bought for the front drum used on my Clunker build also had a 3spd F&S(Sachs) coaster brake hub. I laced to a normal 26" wheel. Bought some Slicky G tires- that are great riding slicks. I then bought an assortment of parts from a guy that had an old bullet light and a cool shifter. The shifter is a Shimano shifter that was made for the Iverson Dragstripper. It is missing some parts but functions great. I saw Hugo put a different shifter on his F&S hub on Dead Parrot so I thought i would try too.

Shifter.
1106071728.jpg

finished product
1203072300.jpg

1203072256a.jpg

1203072257a.jpg

That bike is KILLER!Those forks make it look mean!Definately a ride to be proud of! :wink:
L8 EM

Love the wear and tear on the paint.

With the change of forks and other items up front, I think you need a beefier seat....maybe a black one.

Very cool!

Steve, the paint is one of my favorite parts of this bike. I agree on the seat. No need to keep the schwinn seat. maybe one of the bigger brooks (if I had an open checkbook, new brooks saddles are up with the decline of the dollar).

Duke, this is my favorite bike. I like making bikes with a "tough" look to them.

How wide are those handlebars? Just wondering because I've got a set of longhorns (34"wide)that I'm putting on my 30's Rollfast.
L8 EM

Back