TWO SCRAMBLERS - MINI ALL CLEANED UP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Was on the way to work today when I picked these two up.

The Mag Scrambler has bent fork syndrome, but everything else on the bike is very nice. First gen. unstamped Skyways, Scrambler tires and a DiaCompe brake caliper out back.

It's clear that these were kept indoors all of their lives at Grandma's house. They have just enough grunge on them to make them fun to clean up. It's probably a good thing that the Mag had a bent fork because chances are, the kid stopped riding it after that.

A kid in my neighborhood growing up had this exact Mag Scrambler and he used to tease us for having Huffy BMX bikes. WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH NOW BUDDY!!!...just kidding, that would be pretty sad....ha ha! :lol:

The Mini Scrambler is near mint and even has some nice Schwinn Tractor tires that look like they were barely ridden on.

magscrambler.jpg

miniscrambler.jpg

Re: TWO SCRAMBLERS

Nice finds. Looks kike you got some nice ashtabula stuff there too :wink: . If that fork is ashtabula it might be worth straightening. looks like the stem on the mini is ash. too. I really like that mini-don't see them in that nice of shape often.Can't wait to see the Steve o.c.d. treatment on them.
-kreep-

word is out; everybody in Texas is sending their old bmx bikes to places on your route to work. :lol:
when i was a kid; the kids with schwinns, where the one we made fun of, & beat the tar out of.;
Huffy ruled around these parts. :mrgreen:

KJV said:
word is out; everybody in Texas is sending their old bmx bikes to places on your route to work. :lol:
when i was a kid; the kids with schwinns, where the one we made fun of, & beat the tar out of.;
Huffy ruled around these parts. :mrgreen:
Lol that sounds like where I grew up, schwinns was like the christmas sweater someone bought you they only came out when that person was around. huffy and murray was the bike to have in my area atleast till freestyle bikes came around

I cleaned the Mini up this evening after work....man, it looks nice.

Stay tuned for pics in the A.M. :wink:

Nice finds as always. Does your wife think you have gone off the deepend yet?

Oh man...my garage is starting to get out of hand...ha ha. :lol:

The one thing that I've proven to her over the years is that I rarely lose money on any of this. She's always been amazed by the profit margin on this stuff and she knows that if things get tight, I don't mind selling stuff to keep us out of the red.

This evening we were out in the garage and I told her....See all of these bikes? If I sold them all, we could pay off the Trailblazer.

This is what her face looked like >>>> :shock:

There may be big blow out sale soon enough. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:
This evening we were out in the garage and I told her....See all of these bikes? If I sold them all, we could pay off the Trailblazer...

Did she ask how long ago it would of been paid off if you hadn't bought them in the first place ? :mrgreen:

Yeah I know, I bet you could shine up a penny and someone would give a dollar for it :!: I was just thinking what my wife would say :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Geez... :shock:

Can you send me a gallon? :wink:

Maybe you should start selling bottled water on here.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back