True Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Rats

My name is Mike and I live in Va Beach Va. I started building about 2 yrs ago with my buddy Dan and here si my latest bike. It started its life out as a pool swing that had a lot of memories, now she has been turned into an 11ft monster. This bike gets all the looks and when she is finished she will be a real mind blowing head turner!!!!
alscam006.jpg

alscam009.jpg

alscam008.jpg

alscam005.jpg

alscam010.jpg

Very Cool.....I like the frame/exhaust on the bottom. I am intrigued by coaster brake w/suspension. I didnt think a chaintensioner would work. But it looks like where you have it might work.

Do you have any problems with it?

I thought one of MY bikes was long!........That thing's gotta take 2 MINUTES to go past ya! :lol: .. NICE!

Well I recently changed the whole setup around and since we put the suspension in the back the chain has become an issue but the tensioner is a temp. fix. Its welded together just for holdind the chain tought. I am trying to work something out but its suffices for now. I am looking into doing the double sprocket/double chain setup to try and cure the issue. I cut the spring in the springer and that dropped the front down and out more, we had to change where the sprocket was mounted and I wanted to suspend the back as well as make some better styled handlebars for the low slung look. I wish they would do a custom bike build off! my buddies bikes are posted on atomiczombie.com his name is Dan. look under builders gallery and then go to choppers. Pretty crazy stuff there as well.
Heres the pics from the first go round with my bike

alscam080.jpg

mikesrod1.jpg

mikesrod2.jpg

mikesrod3.jpg

Yah...why did you paint it? and take the spring off...I like the back forks the first time...
"RAT" maybe more like "Frankenstien"

That spring was a nice touch.

He probably had chain/brake issues. I tried a derailleur with a coaster brake once, it didn't really work, the chain would slack and the derailleur would do things it shouln't. A derailleur and a hand brake would have been the other option. It's still cool. I like the "side pipes". I tried them once, but mine were straight and boring.

Well I painted it because the metal was a god awful ugly cream color. I love the gloss black with matte clear because it is true rat style. I did like the original rear but I am one of a few that have a dual suspension lowrider, its about blazing paths that noone else is trying. I now have two cruisers set up like that. Its comfortable and original and thats what hot rodding is about, expressionism and individuality! No worries though shes gonna get sand blasted and then I am just going to let her rust up a bit and clear coat it more than likely! Remember I have less than 75 dollars in this bike its making something cool out of nothing.

Mike :lol:

solow4sho said:
Remember I have less than 75 dollars in this bike its making something cool out of nothing.

Mike :lol:

At least $25 of it went to the CHAIN, I know, because I just bought 3 chains for one of mine! :lol:

Back