Trek Cruiser "JB Wild"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice, i like the aluminum cruisers, I have a canadian one from a tim hortons roll up the rim to win lol.

Also a fun lulz about removing the crank without the fancy tool, before i bought one I had a interesting way of doing it, since I only worked on low end bikes it wasn't that bad lol. i'd wrap a cloth around the arm then hit it with a hammer hard on the back side, it worked well lol however the day I bike one i went and bought the tool lol you may wanna repack bearing after this though sometimes I did it to dead cranks most the time anyway. Hammers solve all problems.

Realized I hadn't posted a picture of the chain guard painted and installed yet so here she is. I'm really happy with how it came out, almost looks like it kinda belongs on the bike! Got my new chain in a couple days ago as well...

photo-12.jpg

Still struggling to figure out a good way to mount my lantern headlight and with the decision to paint the truss rods red or silver like the sprocket...

Tried 5 or 6 things to get the headlight mounted and this is what I'm rolling with for now.
Started one of these 2.5 Rigid straps:

Flattened it out and used the Truss Rod support as the mounting location. Not sure I like how high up its sitting but this is the best I've come up with yet.
photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

The light uses one of those giant 6v lantern batteries and so my preliminary idea is to house one in a leather saddle bag hanging below a Brooks B66 saddle.... might be quite a while before i can afford to light this thing up.

I think I wanna paint the Truss Rods red but I just cant quite bring myself to do it yet...

Bet you can make an LED to fit that headlight and use a small bat-pak in the shell or just behind it. The batteries will last WAY longer and be MUCH cheaper than those big 6V (I buy mine at the 'Dollar Store').

Looking good! to add to what crank said, i've actualy did it, I used stuff from ikea lol a pack that takes two AA batterys. a toggle and the led light from the ikea Sunan solar desk lamp. very bright and long lasting!

Ya know......if you buy (or build, just look online how-to) a conversion replacement bulb for that lantern, it stays 'intact' but has a much higher efficiency bulb that draws way less amps (so you can use a smaller bat-pack or the big battery lasts way longer. It is the quickest and easiest way to an LED for you.

Latest posts

Back