1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Tire question

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by CRASH, Jun 19, 2012.

1. CRASH

CRASH

It looks like the largest tires out there are 24x3's. My current rims/tires are 26". Do the larger width of the 24's make them fit the height in a 26" frame? How much width clearance do they need?

Thanks

2. deven_science

deven_science Pro Member

I do know the 24x3's are the same height as regular cruiser 26x2.125's, and obviously they're wider as well, but I'm not sure how much, on that count.

3. RonK

RonK

I have 24x3's on the back, and 26x2.125's on the front of my bike...

[​IMG]

4. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

There are also 26x3 tires out there. I had a pair of 26x3.45 tires on my Rust-DX build. I posted pics of it in the thread with your patina question. I didn't have to modify my frame, but fenders were out of the question.