RRBBO13 Timeliner

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 13 BUILD JOURNALS' started by idiotboy, May 1, 2018.

1. idiotboy

idiotboy

What if someone besides Schwinn built a prewar cantilever? Most of us here have taken an old frame and put new wheels and drivetrain on it, makes for a cool, nice riding bike. How bout a not quite so old frame with a prewar drivetrain? Or am I just being cheap and trying to use up a bunch of stuff I have lying around and taking up space? :) Stay tuned to find out...

2. handyandy1100

handyandy1100

Like maybe the Chinese were building skip-tooth beach cruisers in the '1920's? Sounds like an episode of Sliders or Stargate. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. deven_science

deven_science

Always like a good "*liner" name.

idiotboy likes this.
  4. OddJob

OddJob

RaT oN !

idiotboy likes this.
  5. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

We needs some pics :D

idiotboy likes this.
  6. idiotboy

idiotboy

Yesterday was the girlfriend's birthday so no bike work, everything is currently buried in a pile in the corner, but I do have some archive pics.. [​IMG] I bought this flightliner from Falstaff last year, I wanted the tank, he wanted to get rid of the whole bike, we made a deal and I've got a crusty rusty flight liner, hence the name. This bike will be giving up it's frame, fork, seat post and maybe rack...

RustyGold, Scribble and kingfish254 like this.
  7. idiotboy

idiotboy

I spotted this I think Columbia at an antique shop near my work, at some point in its life the frame was repaired and now straight, square and plumb are words which no longer describe this frame :) I plan to use the wheels,crank, fenders and seat from this one [​IMG]

8. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I build stuff. Moderator

It’s a shame that Columbia isn’t straight. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneHorsePower likes this.
  9. idiotboy

idiotboy

My friend's mom was cleaning her garage and gave me some bikes, mostly toy store stuff which I gave away, but I got this spray painted Westfield [​IMG] I'm gonna steal the truss rods, grips, old license plate and maybe chain guard from this one

10. idiotboy

idiotboy

I agree, as soon as I saw it I spun my work truck around and ran in there :) I've learned from past mistakes to make sure a frame is straight before I buy a bike. This one was really bad but the rest of the parts were too cool to pass up

11. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I build stuff. Moderator

I like the tank on it, plans for that?

12. idiotboy

idiotboy

No, if it's something you can use you're welcome to it

13. G-Matt

G-Matt

Good luck with your progress.
    It’s not alway easy with life commitments. To squeeze in a custom bike build with a deadline.

14. idiotboy

idiotboy

Thanks! My truck choosing to quit running Saturday morning isn't helping either... no complaints though, working on the bike is a great escape from real life ;)

15. OddJob

OddJob

Are those fenders on your girls bike as wide and long as they look, or is it just the small middleweight tire that makes them look that way? The thing about girl bike fenders is, they made them nice and long and low to keep the dirt off, well, you know, their skirts...

I used the fenders and fork off a girls Monark for Faded Glory, along with a men's Monark frame. Worked pretty well together.
    IMG_20160609_120441.jpg

Priscilla and Scribble like this.
  16. idiotboy

idiotboy

Great looking bike! They are wide, after I swipe the parts I want off that bike I'm gonna try to give it away whole locally, if I can't I'll strip it for parts and keep the fenders for a future project

17. idiotboy

idiotboy

Made some boring but useful progress, this is where the bikes were [​IMG] I cleaned up my work area and moved a bunch of stuff, the old one came out first [​IMG] then the frame donor [​IMG] and last the Westfield [​IMG] I sprayed all the hardware with PB blaster, put the flightliner in the workstand and gonna let everything soak overnight [​IMG]

18. G-Matt

G-Matt

That bottom Ross frame with the twin top bars is the same one I’m using on my build this year. Nice stash of parts you have man .

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    idiotboy likes this.
  19. G-Matt

G-Matt

By the way dose that bottom boys frame still have a head badge ? If so post a picture of it please .

20. idiotboy

idiotboy

It does not, it had a tank with a headlight, I bought the bike just to get the tank...