Time for a change

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold my Walmart Genesis Onyx this morning. I had my fun with it but now it's time to move on.

difference.png

Will be picking up a stretched bike like in the picture below but with cream colored tires, on the 28th or 29th.

Stretch.png

Your definitely moving up, very nice. :mrgreen:
Kenny

Mastec said:
I asked that very question and the bike shop owner said no. It's made by a company from California.

Unless they moved, Micargi USA is in CA and manufacturing is in China.

The chain stay, seat stay, chain guard, and chain wheel are dead give away Micargi.

irideiam said:
Mastec said:
I asked that very question and the bike shop owner said no. It's made by a company from California.

Unless they moved, Micargi USA is in CA and manufacturing is in China.

The chain stay, seat stay, chain guard, and chain wheel are dead give away Micargi.

Micargi is not the name he gave me as the manufacturer. He says they are like Micargi but not. From price shopping this bike is more than what a Micargi costs.

sup "MasTeC"....change is GoOD....goin ta leave as stock or ya gonna customize it??? Either way I wanna chk it out Bro :mrgreen:

Laidback said:
sup "MasTeC"....change is GoOD....goin ta leave as stock or ya gonna customize it??? Either way I wanna chk it out Bro :mrgreen:

So far the only customizing I have planned is swapping the whitewalls for a pair of cream colored cruiser tires. I will eventually be going with brown leather grips and a matching seat. Some custom Maltese Cross mirrors will be going on. Will be throwing a 3 speed on it by the end of the year. I plan to sit down and give this some serious thought.

largek9 said:
Hey Mastec great call ! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Just think it all started with a LaJolla A few months ago! :)

Thanks... Yep, seems like it was only yesterday I brought home the LaJolla. The last 5 months really flew by. This next week though is going to draaaaag on. He is ordering it tomorrow (Monday) and it will be delivered to the local bike shop the following Monday. I feel like a kid let loose in a candy store. LOL

So far the only customizing I have planned is swapping the whitewalls for a pair of cream colored cruiser tires. I will eventually be going with brown leather grips and a matching seat. Some custom Maltese Cross mirrors will be going on. Will be throwing a 3 speed on it by the end of the year. I plan to sit down and give this some serious thought.

I ride a stretch type bike myself- Stingray Spoiler. Gears are a must-have on a stretch. On a stretch, there's no standing up when you have to grind up a hill. I converted the Spoiler to three speed, and wish I could get more than three. Find out how wide your drop outs are and get the most gears you possibly can in there! See if it would fit the 8-speed Nexus. I have one on my rider, and I just love it.

JWM

jwm said:

I ride a stretch type bike myself- Stingray Spoiler. Gears are a must-have on a stretch. On a stretch, there's no standing up when you have to grind up a hill. I converted the Spoiler to three speed, and wish I could get more than three. Find out how wide your drop outs are and get the most gears you possibly can in there! See if it would fit the 8-speed Nexus. I have one on my rider, and I just love it.

JWM

I live in Pinellas County Florida and the land is pretty much flat everywhere except for overpasses here and there.

Hey jwm, I slept on it and I might look into more than a 3 speed just for the fun of it. Although we live in flatland's I think it would be fun cruising at high speeds. LOL Also, I plan to buy and convert a bike trailer with a custom box to haul behind the stretch. Might make it easier when it has a heavy load.

As the proud owner of 2 (both 3 speeds) let me say Welcome to the stretch club! :D

I rocked a stretch for years, i loved it! it got stolen, i still miss riding it.

i would love to build one up with fat rims and tires.

Cool ride. Stretchers rule. :mrgreen: And a 3-speed should be standard equipment on any cruiser, to my opinion. It adds so much fun to cruisin'. And it gives you a good reason to put in some fat wheels. 8) Ride safe,bro.

Latest posts

Back