The Shadow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikejunkie said:
Bro your kind of creepy!!!And I like it,hahaha!!!!!Are you planning on burying someone in that drainage pipe!!!????
I was gonna' say dramatic :wink:

More done tonight. It will be all I can do till my guest leave on Sunday.

The back bone of the frame is tack welded. From here I can make plans for the lower section. Got to bend some tubing to continue.

TheShadow-07.jpg

GL

now i see why you were measuring the tunnel at the bike path :lol:
just remember to duck! :shock:

it's looking good! are you using that front tire? or you gonna find one of those 36inch coker's? :wink:

sensor said:
okay the originality part you win hands down :mrgreen:
now where ya going to find a front wheel?!?!?

It ain't in the wheel friend, it's in the fork :wink:

There's more to this, I just haven't let the cat out of the bag yet. There are 2 clues in the photos, one being the head badge. Still working out the details.
As far as that tunnel is concerned, I already duck my head for one of my bikes. This tunnel measures at 95". The Shadow will have to be walked through 3 tunnels on this bike trail and another one I should be able to ride through.
I'm having a blast building this bike :D
GL

cman said:
Riding on that would be like riding on a Clydesdale. KennyP did a bike like that.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1929

Should be cool. Creepy? No just eccentric :wink:
Wow, that's cool. Clydesdale? Maybe a skinny one. Mine will be something like that , kinda a cross with M. Watson's tall bikes with long forks.

GL

Are you gonna leave it a single tube frame!!??Man thats gonna be ....... regardless.if you leave it a single tube you could use chain tentioners down the tube to the rear wheel and make a chainguard that follows and hides the chain.That would look pretty sleek!

I was reconsidering a single tube like you said bikejunkie. My intention was to have a cargo area under for the Coleman. I'm sticking to my guns here and maybe :roll: I'll try it on another build sometime. The next part is to fit a curved down tube. I saved two curved pipes from the trash last summer, I think they came from a hammock stand, with the intention of using them on a tall bike.

My house guests left sunday and I'll have more time for The Shadow, that is while I'm showing some progress on a SideWinder for my youngest daughter. My collegian has a taste for the swingbikes and is demanding very politely a custom bike to her specs. I put one together for her sister. It doesn't take to much time to make one and I'll make a slow show of progress with it.

More pics later.............GL

Haven't touched The Shadow in a couple of weeks. I did mess with two new swing bikes but only one is rideable and the other needs a few hours work to make it rideable. So the weekend is coming with another crappy storm . Last weeks weekend back to back Nor'easter broached the barrier beach and took out another beach house. Here on the Cape my kids can't afford a house because of over inflated prices so it's pretty cool that "the mans" second summer home thats on a constantly moving sand dune washes into the sea. An act of god, the old timers say. Too bad so sad, I said that.

So maybe I'll get back to The Shadow this weekend. Tonight I did some mocking around and came up with more of a plan, not saying I didn't have one, but now I have a visual to work with.
MockUp-02.jpg

MockUp-01.jpg

Oh yeah the wheels are turning now.

Later,

GL

Latest posts

Back