"The Salt Shaker" update 8/1 finshed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/2 Paint :)

got a little bit of work done in the heat
-
926919016_d5qEG-M.jpg
primed

nothing like using power tools in 100degree weather !
926919012_FhgGm-L.jpg
i cleaned up the handle bars they came out decent except for one spot might cause a problem later on but my 90lbs of force prob wont break them lol

926918990_dBSDG-M.jpg
- weak spot

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/5 <3 power tools

waited till after 9 pm to start laying the orange on the fendors, rack and chain guard. then i had to deal with the bugs flyin into the garage b/c the lights just cant win lol ... i will be cleaning up where the colors meet by a pinstriping line, i have 2 colors in mind i just need to narrow it down to 1 :)

927239017_U7Vsc-L.jpg
and after all the pieces dry clear coat will be applied
927239048_GKyZt-L.jpg

and i picked up matte aluminum for the accent pieces and i was kinda uncertian how i would like it ... and i love it :)
927239052_Q5VNP-L.jpg

and here is my girlie side coming out .. i think this is adorable reminds me of wall-e
927239081_QDQu3-L.jpg

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/5 more paint!

vanilla_gorilla said:
haha cream-sicle! you cant take the jersey shore outta your blood haha

i hate those stupid bugs that decide to ruin paint jobs

BEACH us true jersey beachers call it the beach lol ...
and for the record i never really liked creamsicles lol :) but ya you can take the girl out of jersey but you cant take the jersey out of the girl :)

- so with me being sick now ya think i would just stay inside ? .. nope hahaha well this morning i pulled the parts that i painted last night outside in the hot sun trying to bake them, i clear coated the tank,forks and wheels, pulled the frame outside and did a finaly coat there were some light spots that i couldnt see in the garages poor lighting, i also have been soaking the hand grips for a day didnt really do to much but hey oh well , and im thinking about laying a clear on the frame says you cant do that after a hour of shooting a color down or wait 48 hrs ....

might put a skim coat of bondo on the handle bars , and hopefully tomorrow i can cut the aluminum out for the wheel discs

Gotta be seafoam green for sure.

really nice color combo. you can never go wrong with orange. :wink: i have a womans bike waiting on me that the woman wants it bright orange and purple!

alrighty so im in the process of using sublime green to seperate the orange and ivory and im LOVING it :)
i will be doing a pinstripe design on the fenders in sublime green and blue green .
lettering will be "salt shaker" i dont know if i want to do it on the chain guard or the tank ... i dont want both done ... hmmm

so on the rainy morning of yesterday i started the lettering on the chain guard used blue green and will accent the letters with sublime green same color i used to seperate the colors with
930948539_JJm7j-L.jpg

the frame all clear coated .. i noticed krylons clear coat doesnt shine like rustoleums clear .. but i hated painting with rustoleum so oh well
930948510_5DBJu-L.jpg

i found a ding dong bell at walmart .. i love these bells ..
930948521_gsSwp-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back