the rowdy red dingo (pics now up)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dsc02933.jpg

Dsc02934.jpg

Dsc02935.jpg

well here ya go sorry no ridding pics yet these were taken by the owner my co worker dean. i built this for him for the turkeyday ride and while i was finishing up the ratty truck. it started life as a who knows what cheapo cruiser (no it is not a schwinn) that he had fixed up as a basic shop bike. well he just had a baby so as a pressent i decided to take it tear it down and at least paint it for him. the paint is pretty simple two cans of primer, a base coat of black and two cans of metal specks red. after it was somewhat dry the whole thing sorta snowballed when i saw our buddy randy spangler show up in the shop with a crazy stem setup like this on his cruiser so he was the first to do it. however i do take some credit because he used a nirve double crown that had a nub on the bottom that he attached the stem to. i wanted to do a more solid setup and thought to myself "why not put the steer in upside down along with the head set then put the legs through the other way?" well as you can see this is what we came up with. hope ya like it wish it was mine

Re: the rowdy red dingo

hmmmmmmmm......................is this the red one that was there sat? also thanks for sticking around and riding :mrgreen:
maybe next month theyll be more people

Posting a new bike without pics?Who do you think you are -Skidking?JJKK! :wink: I think I wanna see this oneRiding pics please! :wink: :wink:
L8 EM

Wasnt there a thread about anticipation the other day. Definately want to see the new stem setup. Probably uses a part that we all have in the bottom of the parts bins....

pics posted and you guys know how i like to do a tease post before letting the rat out of the bag :mrgreen:

well so far so good with this setup. between my co worker and i we have a lot of miles already on this bike and nothing has gone wrong at all. infact my co worker (who is more into mountian bikes) rides the heck out of it i am more worried about the frame than anything. the neat thing i dig about this setup is with the apes they end up about where regular cruiser bars would be so it is a sort of optical illusion.

I like the paint job. very rich in color. I like the ingenuity of the handle bar setup. very much thinking outside the box. I will have to sleep on the overall look of the bike w/apes like that but I did on Ratty Truck too.

not bad for a three day paint job in cold weather huh? i know it is different and i thank you cman for being honest about it. i think however that this opens up a bunch of different style bars to be used rather than just putting apes on, or building a boardtracker. something new to look at lol. although i already have a new bike in my head and it will probably be in my traditional boardtracker style.

oh yea and although he did not have the light on in any of the pics it is a converted LED light using a giant 5 LED headlight and it is very cool. our buddy set that one up.

That is really cool! I think that concept on a stretch cruiser but with the bars on the other side of the fork would be killer...just a thought. Those were the tires I was looking for for my build off bike but never found, very nice. Sweet build. :D

Don't know if I like it, yet!......... BUT without a doubt, YOU are the front end KING!

KOTA said:
Don't know if I like it, yet!......... BUT without a doubt, YOU are the front end KING!

i agree :!:

i agree it has a lot of possibilities i just like it because it is different like it or not.

Back