The Ratster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Here's what the Schwinn looked like the day I brought it home & below are a couple of pics of it now. Just mocked it up tonight. Still have a lot to do. Any suggestions on how to make this thing look even more ratish?
P3010005.jpg

P3140001.jpg

P3140003.jpg

very cool i like the out side the box headlight position. i gotta agree for once though that one looks tough to ride. but hey sometimes that is the price you pay to look cool. nice job

I had an idea for a gravity bike I'll probably never make, so you could use this idea if you wanted to put hand brakes on both sides on the handlebars in the standard position:

Instead of regular hand brake levers, use BRASS KNUCKLES. Just make sure they can't be removed and only serve the purpose of bicycle brakes or they might not be legal. I noticed they're only sold on the web as "paper weights".

looks good, do you plan on putting the chainguard back on? The headlight mount is cool and the bobbed tail fender is frickin' awesome.

on a different note.... I am 6'3" and I am pretty sure you are taller than me. So how the heck are you riding these things with the slammed seats without knocking yourself unconcious with your kneecaps?

I'm not sure If I'm going to put the chain guard on or not. As far as riding this thing, not sure how I'll do that either. Hopefully I'll have it all together next week & take it out for a ride. As long as it looks cool, that's all I care about for this project.

Ive tried a bent springer like that with some apes and it wasnt actually too hard to ride. the only problem was ground clearance when leaning into a turn and also going up and down the sidewalk ramps at intersections. Very Cool bike to ride once you get used to it. Nice Job Buddy

One more thing, when you first try riding it, put on a pair of junky pedals, I wasted a pair of Schwinn AS pedals the first time I rode mine. After I learned the manuverabilty factors of the bike, it was too late for my nice pedals.

Back