THE QUICKE WITH A NEW PIC 7/16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
put this one together yesterday. a firestone, with red tires and a western flyer seat. flipped a set of bars and called it done. rides nice. rode it to work today. i am going to put a tank on it. i do need one if anyone has one. i think it takes the same style as a 500 does. tell me what you think! :D
104_4791.jpg
104_4792.jpg
104_4793.jpg

Re: THE QUICKIE!

Firestone bikes are da bomb! Really like what you did with it, sometimes the coolest builds come from a flash of inspiration and the right parts at hand. Cheers

joscatratrod-not necessarily the sore knees, the back yes! :D funny thing is, my lower back has hurt more in the past year since building them w/ the flipped bars. i couldn't figure it out until i was riding my murray motorbike one day with the flipped bars and it hit me! duh!! :roll: don't know if anyone noticed the garden in the background? won't be long....
mmmmm,ripe garden tomatoes!!! :D

thats sweet! like the oversized "firestone" chainguard on it, too. if that ring is oem, looks like a hp snyder chainring, similar to a rollfast. i think a few different companies made bikes under that name, but i could be wrong. im just sayin.

the chainring does look original. i need to clean the 40 years of grease and dirt off of it, the chrome probably looks new underneath. the chain needs soaked and relubed too. i looks like someone oiled it with a quart of oil every week for the last 25years! :lol: :lol:

that's a winner right there. With bars like that I cut off the flat part you've got the grips on now, and I put the grips on the next flat part. I puts me leaning forward with a nice flat back, similar to riding a road bike and still looks like a boardtracker.

looks like a hp snyder chainring, similar to a rollfast. i think a few different companies made bikes under that name
You are correct sir! Snyder built Firestones late 50's-early 60's. Huffy took over after that. Those long holes in the rear dropouts are the best way to ID a Snyder frame from that era, they do look a lot like Westfield/Columbias from the same era! (And of course, Snyder was still making most Hawthornes then too)This bike kicks donkey! :mrgreen: ~Adam

thanks guys, you all are too kind! :D are the long holes on the dropouts for adjustment for the rear carrier? always wondered. so would this bike be an early 60's?

, the only thing different in this pic is i cleaned the grease off of the sprocket to find excellent chrome :D and i cut and welded the seat post to lay the seat back-what a difference in the ride!!! :eek:
104_4795.jpg

Latest posts

Back