THE PUNISHER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my whizzer. it is a 1999, the first year they started re-making them. i tore it down and my friend painted it candyapple green and painted the lettering and the skull on the tank. he says it looks like a skull from the movie the punisher, don't know myself, never seen the movie. so everytime he sees me on it, he calls it the punisher. the motor is not stock, my dad and his friend pretty much know how to make these things run fast! it has a milled head, 3angle valve job, camshaft, intake and exhaust opened up. it will run right at 50mph. i put a locking springer from a 50's columbia on it and motorbike bars. let me know what ya' think!
104_4639.jpg
104_4640.jpg
104_4641.jpg
104_4642.jpg

That's prob the MEANIEST whizzer I've ever seen.......RAD RAD bike and that motor is a peice of art.......LOVE IT!!!...

My little Kamatsu 25cc can go too fast for 1-speed bike (not uphill!) but no acceleration. If you do more than 30 mph around here, you're supposed to have dot brakes, lights, and DMV papers (good luck sucker) That Whizzer has got to be a blast, probably doesn't need pedals.

yeah, pretty much the only thing you need the pedals for is the rear brake! :D my dad and i went for a ride the other evening and we are pretty much even at top end. we start out at 30mph on flat side by side and count to 3 and gun it! i pull him at the start, he catches at about 40mph and we are pretty much dead even at top end. of course by this time we are laying flat out on the bars and tank for less wind drag!!!LOL :) i looked down at the speedo and it was burried at 50mph! don't tell the wife! :roll: we don't run them hard all the time, heck, when we are riding we are usually only doing about 30mph. nice cruising speed. we don't have to worry about the cops around here, we are the only ones in town with these and if you don't do anything stupid you are good to go! :D

Great Whizzer, cool adaptations 8)

If I see it right you connected the carter-breather back to the carter ? I lead mine to a filter and connector I fixed through the valvecover, and connected the 3 holes in the cilindergasket so the oil could flow in and out. Just as long as you change the stock way of spilling oil on the roads... :wink: but man are you brave at 50 mph, I didn't trust my brakes enough above 35 :mrgreen:

How does that toothed belt behave compared to the stock one ?
Are you using a belt-tensioner ?

i totally dig it man, not to many people have the guts to mod a new whizzer, most people are concerned with how their "investment" will do.

awesome fork choice too, sometimes i look down and see my old murray built western flyer fork start to shimmy a bit, bit its all part of the fun.

im running mine suicide too, no front brake and a very non functional coaster brake. how fun.

DSC_0102.jpg

I'm glad I never got my Whizzers as an investment, as they turned out to be quite costly :lol:
Did modify a lot enginewise, but ended up selling them both in one go because I just got fed up with tinkering compared to ridingtime. I'ld rather have an old Whizzer, these 99 replica's are just too fragile. Plus all parts had to be bought in the States, which added up to the bills for me as well. Oh well, they were fun while they lasted :mrgreen: here's a few pics:

Red mean leakin' machine:

2964941712_7d070870fe_o.jpg

2964908090_b0f0b5053c_o.jpg

Blackie with homemade rack:

2964100741_33ea801741_o.jpg

2964908302_2490d5e5f3_o.jpg

Tinkering away:

2964109995_abe3bd2e5e_o.jpg

PS: those yellow stickers on the front fenders were necessary by law over here to indicate they are mopeds (< 50 cc)...hush hush now, please don't tell the cops they are approx. 150 cc :mrgreen:

i don't have too much trouble with mine being fragile. heck, we can go for a 50plus mile ride with no worries at all! :D my dad and his friend have pretty much figured out all the weak areas of these bikes and bettered them. we mill the heads, open up the intake-exhaust, put in aftermarket cams, 3-angle valve jobs. it helped too that my dad got to know one of the head guys who worked for the whizzer company! :)

Hot ...., that's a great looking Whizzer. Makes me feel a little silly to have that chinese engine...gotta start somewhere when on a budget.

hey hotfoot! i have installed many of the chinese engines and there is not a thing wrong with them! :D i want to get one and see how much "mods" one can take and see how fast it will run. they seem to be pretty reliable too!

Back