THE ONE DAY RAT (1930'S SCHWINN)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this one was a total throw together. terry also wanted a bike that showed the ratty side of these bikes and this is what i came up with. flipped the fork crown around to rake the front end did a quicky polish on the paint and hit all the chrome real quick like on the wire wheel. waddaaa u guys think i really like this one personally. oh and terry trumped the whole build by finding the super cool headlight for it.

ebay015-1.jpg

ebay013-1.jpg

ebay014-1.jpg

ebay007-3.jpg

thanks i really really like this one. she is a down and dirty girl something that i dont normally do. fun build wish i had more time to toss some pinstriping on it before the show but it would still be sticky. oh and i could not come up with a good name on this one any suggestions?

That bike is killer, looks like its going 100 mph standing still! What kind of cut down bars are those off of??? Awesome bike man!

Awesome...I really like the looks of that bike, bet it rides nice too.
I like the way you raked the fork out...

My wife's Hollywood had the flipped fork crown when I bought it. It gives it a nice and subtle look. That light is the cats meow.

Trainman- as the light looks like a old conductor light and that black reminds me of a dirty locomotive.

karfer67 said:
thanks i really really like this one. she is a down and dirty girl something that i dont normally do. fun build wish i had more time to toss some pinstriping on it before the show but it would still be sticky. oh and i could not come up with a good name on this one any suggestions?

Coalminer's Daughter??

see the steer tube of the fork? if you note where the fork legs bolt to it i have turned it around. this moves the fork legs forwards kicking out the front end raking it out and giving it the mean stance. and thanks guys for the comments this bike is way too much fun to ride around on i might have to work something out with terry for it.

I see what you meant by flipping the front end around. I like the look a lot, if my yellow Schwinn wasn't so classic/sorta original I'd do that in a second. I think I'll just leave it stock though, it's cool enough on its own.

I like it a lot, simple for the win.

the bars are old chrome mountian bike riser bars that were cut down a total of 4 inches. zoso i like your bike how it is wait till i get the cycle truck done :mrgreen:

Back