The Ol Roadmaster ...Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok dokie I stuck the Roadmaster together today with the parts I had laying around. I was going to put fenders but I had an old rack laying there and I thought I would go with the rack instead of fenders. Hope ya like it.

finishedroadmaster001.jpg

finishedroadmaster004.jpg

finishedroadmaster005.jpg

a little better picture where you can actually see the color

finishedroadmaster003.jpg

This is getting a little sick, you have built/painted two bikes in the last 2 weeks. Maybe we should have a "builder swap" kinda like that TV show "Wife Swap". Of course then I could not of skied the past two days :wink:

The bike looks great. I like that blue color with the black tire/rim combo.

Hey thanks yall . And Clancy I could build you one. Just send me some parts and some money and Ill ship you a finished bike ha ha. Bad as I hate to ,I either have to start on the Schwinn I dont like , or this Hiawatha that I have been stepping over. I guess I can flip a coin. Hummmm lets see three bikes in three weeks . More to come but Im sure it wont be blue . :shock:

GIVE ME THAT BIKE.
I like it. Thats one of my favorite frames, and with that springer it looks great. Only way it could be better is if it have some of those fat cream color tires and a bent seatpost ( to fit me, 6'2") and was mine. Nice job. A bike a week, good work.

Well it looks better than mine in the dark with a flash....ok ok ill leave the rack off. it took me 2 hours to clean the old paint off and spray it blue.

withoutrack001.jpg

Yeah...seeing the real thing seals the deal for me too...no rack. :wink:

The rack adds sort of a functional aspect to the bike that throws off the hot rod look you've created.

i like it just the way it is. the rack adds an extra functionality to it and since the rack seems to go good with the rest of the bike, its cool. now if you threw on a new xmart rack, it just wouldnt work. 5 of 8 of my cruisers have fenders and 3 of 8 have racks. without my fenders, the tires would throw up road crap that would compermise the integrity of the bikes finish over time.

bottom line, i dig your roadmaster... with or without a rack, it looks cool. :D im actually gonna start my next project thzt is going to incorperate a wooden box bed to be attatched to the rear rack, with such dimensions that i concidered adding a 3rd wheel behind the rear wheel to help support its length.

Super nice. I'd probably go without the rack also...but I wear a backpack most of the time to carry stuff, except when I wear my leather helmet and aviator goggles, they don't look period correct together...just kidding.

Back