The Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had the BRC cruiser frame lying around and the demise of the Black Frak chopper left a lot of spare parts. So I put this together and what you have here is the rolling mock up. I always like to make sure that the thing is rideable before I build it. So consider it a rolling work in progress. I converted a Miller headlight to white LED and installed a flashing red LED under the seat. I love to ride at night, might as well do it safely. The Goose in front of the fork is a hood ornament from an unknown car to me. Anybody seen this before? Hence the name "The Goose". The ride is sweet and with inspiration from october, I'm going metallic Orange. But those plans could easily change as you all know.

PICT0002-1.jpg

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

not sure how the headlight bracket mounts...

but what if you moved th hood ornament up to the stem, and the headlight down onto the fork? just switch them.

just a thought...

oct.

just had another idea...

what if you used the hood ornament AS the headlight bracket? somehow attach the light to the front...

Like October said...

you could take the Hood Ornament and it's Mounting bracket...
Flip The Bracket upside down from the way it is now....
Mount it to the LONG fork bolt at the top of the Stem and have the mounting bracket go over The stem and curve down

Then mount the headlight LOW and tight to the Wheel so it's close to the bike...not sticking way out..

just my thoughts..

Lover the hood ornament,

Kev.

Well this is what came out of it. Thanks for the idea guys, really appreciate it. I had to bolt, rivet and epoxy everything in place because it vibrates like crazy. I took the bike for a 60 mile shake down cruise today. Apart from the bottom bracket bearings coming a bit loose, it rides great. I think I'm done with derailleurs, that one single gear brings riding back to it's purest form.

PICT0003-1.jpg

xddorox said:
That wasn't a typo, 60 miles.

your a mad man ... i love it cant wait till i can do that!

15 or 20 in a day is bout the most i can handle at this point .... but i've been riding everyday for the last few months and its always getting easier ... 60 miles for fun rules

Back