The Gambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone.
Only been a member of RRB for a short while , and just recently finished the bike you see here. Some of you guys and gals may have seen this one elsewhere , but thought it would be ok on here also. Started with a 24" ladies bike ,for the front forks , rear stays , Pedal and headset , everything else is just about scratch made.
Kirk :)
My son trying to look cool :mrgreen:
DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg

DSCF1606.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

Cool bike, hopefully your son didnt' break his arm riding it.

A cross between Honest Abe's lowrider and Hooch's Rosemary(fork)

That thing is really freakin cool! Looks like you put alot of thought into it. I like the chain system and the brakes...I like the whole thing. Did you make the front fender out of a leaf spring?

TCB said:
That thing is really freakin cool! Looks like you put alot of thought into it. I like the chain system and the brakes...I like the whole thing. Did you make the front fender out of a leaf spring?
The front "leaf" spring set up was actually made from office chair arms. They are not really all that springy , in fact they are made from Aluminium !!!.
I set it up to have about 1/4" to 1/2" of travel , which is just enough to have an effect , but not to much to snap the leaf. I could not get any small leaf springs over here with out paying a fortune. All the suspension stuff over here is mainly coil springs , even trailer parts are not leaf anymore. These came to hand and seem to work ok , besides i thought they looked cool anyways. This is how they started life, i thought they were to good a shape to be thrown in the skip , i got 12 from work HA HA

arms004.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments
Cheers Kirk

cman said:
Cool bike, hopefully your son didnt' break his arm riding it.

A cross between Honest Abe's lowrider and Hooch's Rosemary(fork)
Thanks cman ,
My son broke his collar bone riding his BMX , you just cant tell em to slow down at 16 i guess. He is stoked though , now he has a 5" scar , titanium plate and six screws in his shoulder, apparently it is pretty cool with the girls he tells me :roll:
Cheers Kirk

Wow, he really broke it. I have broken my collarbone twice- both bike related but I just had to wear the "dog harness"

nice job on using the chair parts. It looks like the real thing.

Back