The Gambler - radical chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I'm Antti from Finland and here is my latest chopper (my second bike). I was blown a way year and half ago, when I saw some chopper bikes in finnish magazine called "the motor" and all of this madness started :D

After first paint job

Noppapyrekassamaalissa3.jpg

Noppapyrekassamaalissa.jpg

The finished project

valmispihalla.jpg

valmispihallatoinenokkuva.jpg

valmispihallatakapyr.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Hope you like it.

-Antti

:shock: :shock: Woooaaahhh!!! :shock: That looks like some insane sea monster! You should call it "Loch Ness".....or maybe a dragon......

Love it! Thanks! :D

Thank you all for kind words. The paint job allmost was a pain in the .... I had to do it three times to get it right cause there was some cemical reaction between two different paints on the frame.

The total length of the bike is 295 centimeters wich is about 9,8 feet (if I get it right, one feet is about 30 centimeters don't know about inches) Maybe someone can tell the true measurements.

It cost me all in all 20 euros to change in dollars to get the "currency" look in to the bike. I jused 11 dollars alltogether on the frame, and I have couple off bucks left to spend :wink:. I didn't mean to insult anyone with the five dollar grips, just wanted to get cool look. It's true that the buck is a bit cheaper here in Europe and you can tell it about prices of some american products....tough the gas is so expensive that it don't mean a thing around here.

I simply love your site, hope you keep on roddin'

-Antti

hey pretty cool bike!! :shock:

can you show us some pics from your shifter, it looks unique and i would build some thing like this!! :wink:

Thank's Chopper8Ball!

I'm sorry but i dont have pics from the shifter right now, I' can take them next week for you.
The mecanics of the shifter are quite simple. The line from the rear tire comes to shifter and when you want to sift gear you have to tighten the line so you push the shifter back and when shifting to a lower gear you just pull the shifter towards you.

The looks: The bar of the shifter is bent in form of a letter S and in top of the bar there is a dice, because the theme of the bike is "the gambler". Because the form of the shifter is "S" I could use longer bar so the dice in top seems to "float in air" so to speak.

To Chopper

Sorry my english is not so great that I could explain all the details. But with a little help of a friend I try. The movement of the shifter has been tighten up with a bult (or a sqrew don't quite know the word ).

It is so tight that the movement stops when you shift gear. Because of the long shifter the tightness don't mean much and the shifting is relatively easy. It's not the greatest patent but it works and gives you the freedom to adjust the gears and the driving. After all I think the chopper bike (with motor or without one) is ment to be adjustable and there always has to be something you fix after driving. You could make the shifter with somekind of gaps to but it after changing the gear...but what's the fun of it?

Jep, Nopsa it is, at least the front of it. Found it in dump and cut it in half...and so on. I saw your creation in here, the spring bike (can't remember the name) and is that TOSI! cool. My friend it is artwork and master engineering. Iso hatunnosto!

Back