The finished gender reassignment monark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes in life you produce something that dosent turn out just like you thought. The idea of adding another bar to a womans bike was not my finest moment. I couldnt look at it till I was almost through. Still cant figure out what I could have done to change it . The front bar runs uphill alot. I didnt realize it was that much higher in the front. Oh well it was a fun project and I guess they cant all turn out really good. Still for $50 the parts were worth it. Just need a good mens frame to stick them on . :?

finishedmonark005.jpg

finishedmonark003.jpg

Ok this was a before picture

monark002.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
The idea of adding another bar to a womans bike was not my finest moment. I couldnt look at it till I was almost through.
I think you need to give yourself more credit, it looks pretty good to me. It kinda has a mutant klunker sort of mountain cruiser feel to it. I can't wait to retire so I can hang out in my shop and make sparks and huff paint fumes. :mrgreen:

I really messed up ...another tube would have solved the problem. I was going to pull all my parts off and chunk the frame. Welding another bar in at this stage is and unbelievable ammount of work . could build another one easier. I have a Hiawatha that needs a rebuild and the parts are the same. Just paint the frame and swap the parts.

I love that angle. Its gives the bike a really mean, aggressive stance without having big chopper proportions.

Like I posted in your build thread, this inspired me to do my own sex change on an early 50's Roadmaster, but with a cycle truck feel. Here is what I'm planing:

sexchange2trucksu2.jpg

blsm said:
Like I posted in your build thread, this inspired me to do my own sex change on an early 50's Roadmaster, but with a cycle truck feel. Here is what I'm planing:

I have a friend that could build me a hanging tank ,but if i built one at an angle it might really look funny . If my messup starts people to thinking or even saves one person from making this same mistake (in my mind ) it will have been worth it .

Uncle Stretch, did you consider a bent top tube like a camelback frame?

yeah but the wifey said build it with a single bar since I have lots of twinbar frames around. Im going to talk to my friend tomorrow and see if he can build a hanging tank that is pretty big in the front and radiused to nothing at the back . Im thinking it will solve the problem. :idea:

Uncle Stretch said:
Rat Rod said:
Just throw a 24" wheel up front. :wink:
Oooohh maybe a 20'' up front would level it out pretty good. :roll: :lol: :lol:

add the 20" and a set of apes and it might look pretty cool..

I think it's really cool. Actually I like it so much I am a bit surprised by your disappointment in the way it turned out. I like the way the straight forks, top tube, seat tube and chain stays counter-balance the sweep of the down tube and seat stays. Classic British and European bikes never had many curves in them so maybe that's why that top tube looks perfectly acceptable to my eyes. That and looking at sloping top tubes on mountain bikes for the last twenty years! Defo reminds me of a work-bike. And the Kona Humu....

Back