Thanksgiving Friday Rat Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was playing in the garage on Friday after Thanksgiving and cut up an old Jamis cruiser frame.... Guess the turkey had a twisted effect on my brain, 'cause this is what happened.......

maniac001.jpg

It was virtually unridable with this much rake, but looks really mean.......

maniac011.jpg

Changed the head tube angle, shortened and painted the fork. Rides real sweet now....

maniac010.jpg

I think I'm gonna leave it Ratty for a while, It really turns heads this way!
Moral: Moderation in all things, even Holiday Food!
Cheers, Ron

love the bike this has me wanting to build a chopper as i am known for short wheelbase boardtracker and cafe racer bikes. but i gotta know you said you "cut up" a jamis cruiser well i am looking at it and trying to see any of the original bike lol. sweet bike i would leave it as it is.

Triptafan, has been known to affect diffrent people in diffrent ways, lol.
Really cool ride you ended up with.

Ok, so I couldn't leave well enough alone, I had to paint it to go with the Thanksgiving theme... A fellow Freakbiker named it "Wish Bone" 'cause of when it was built and the look of the frame. It's Candied Yam Metalflake and Mashed Potatoes Ivory.....
maniac013.jpg

No video yet, but it's quite a comfortable ride.........
maniac017.jpg

Cheers,
Ron

aka_locojoe said:
Very nice. The colors look great.
Thanks Randy,
Met a buddy of yours while he was visiting Florida. Jon dropped into Matt's Bike Shop in Cocoa Beach, I just happened to be there when he did. He shared some awesome pictures of the Fat Tire Festival in Ft. Collins and Matt and I shared some of Choppernite 17 in West Palm... Really nice guy and it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with him.
Take care and Ride Hard!!
Ron

Back