Tell us what ticks you off..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ticks me off? When people refer to a 1946+ bicycle as prewar. :roll:

Also, people who leave good bicycles outside in the elements causing me to waste WD-40 after I obtain them.

People who scream at me while I'm riding my bike saying, "Use the sidewalk!!!", when there is no sidewalk... :roll:

People selling bikes on Craigslist saying it's in "perfect condition" and yet the picture shows a ripped seat, rusty chain, etc.

People who post an ad on Craigslist saying, "WTB: good road bike, has to be in excellent functional order and must look nice, I only have $10 to spend".

People who post ads on Craigslist saying, "4 bicycles for sale, take all for $50. If they don't sell by tonight, I'm bringing them to the dump."

:wink:

karfer67 said:
twitter that is priceless. facebook too for me at least. people who argue with me at the shop that they have an original 1955 schwinn stingray :shock:

Hey! I've got one of those! ...that one hit me a lil late :lol:

schwinnmesa said:

Also, people who leave good bicycles outside in the elements causing me to waste WD-40 after I obtain them.

People who scream at me while I'm riding my bike saying, "Use the sidewalk!!!", when there is no sidewalk... :roll:

People selling bikes on Craigslist saying it's in "perfect condition" and yet the picture shows a ripped seat, rusty chain, etc.

People who post an ad on Craigslist saying, "WTB: good road bike, has to be in excellent functional order and must look nice, I only have $10 to spend".

People who post ads on Craigslist saying, "4 bicycles for sale, take all for $50. If they don't sell by tonight, I'm bringing them to the dump."

Does Desert Storm count? :wink:

oblivious drivers on cell phones
That smug self important look that you get from roadies when they see you on an old cruiser
"serious' cyclists
how almost every bicycle magazine and book in the local bookstore is all about losing weight, going faster and spending more
people that think it's hilarious to yell out the car window or blow the horn as they pass
the broken glass and potholed pavement that makes up 90% or the road shoulders here in Joisey
people that can't fathom how a new bicycle could cost more than $100
people that buy that $100 bicycle and expect it to work perfectly under abuse
people that return that $100 bicycle after they beat it into the ground like a tent stake and leave it outside in the rain and expect you to fix it for free because it's "new"
people that can't comprehend that a bicycle could possibly ever need any kind of maintenance
the way my computer sucks the charge out of my digital camera whenever i leave it plugged in to download pictures
rain on my day off
snake bite flats on the rear wheel
slime tubes that don't work and just fill the tire with goo instead.

One weekend we took a short trip to a Sea food Restaurant on Long Island Sound cool place nice view of LIS and boats..
So on the way home we stop for Ice cream 2 cones of Dr mikes Ice cream cost me $8.25 for 2 cones....
I could have bought 2 1/2 gallons needless to say I wont be going back there again.....
Oh and the I.C.wasn't nothing to write home about. :roll: If it was spectacular I could see the price and feel good about getting burned. :wink:

Sunday drivers. :x they are the worst to get stuck behind, in a 40 doing like 25 on a main road. People who repeat the same thing you say and take all the credit for it. Places where you need a card to buy whatever it is that you need to get, which is like almost everywhere nowadays. Men who think its alright to beat their women, don't do it. Its just wrong. :x Kids who think they are all big and bad even though they know that they can not back it up.

maddogrider said:
people :mrgreen:

schwinnmesa said:

People
selling bikes on Craigslist saying it's in "perfect condition" and yet the picture shows a ripped seat, rusty chain, etc.

People
who post an ad on Craigslist saying, "WTB: good road bike, has to be in excellent functional order and must look nice, I only have $10 to spend".

:lol:

spam.jpg
:x :lol:

aww, i hate spam too. :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
people that always tell you to put a motor into every bike you build.
people that say my bikes are "too low"
pink cars
people that think they're tough if wear they pink
those stupid shirts that say "real men wear pink"....no, real men have a constant amount of GREASE under their nails! :mrgreen:
people say i need new shoes just because i wear the same pair of converses untill there's holes in the sole.
people that denounce my idea of cool.
bluetooth ear things. arg. makes people look like they're talking to themselves. :lol: can never tell if they're talking to me
people that dont stop behind the white line at a red light and get into the crosswalk :x
skinny jeaned punks that try and mess with me. :roll:

Will be when this Thread stops....I love to hear all of the stuff that ticks us off..everybody can relate to it..in one form or another.. :lol: Let's keep it going.. :wink:

ditto on the bluetooth headset things; do you really talk on the phone that much or are you just techno-posers?
angry right-wing haters; there was an election, you lost, get over it.
people who drive 40 mph through residential streets and give you the finger when you gesture that they should slow down a bit.
people who write checks in the grocery store and wait until the total before taking out the check book.
people who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the lot.
people who put used-up chewing gum on the underside of tables, chairs, etc. That is gross!

People who, in a crowded store, on busy streets, and on the hike/bike/horse trail obliviously impede the progress of everyone else. These are often the same people who have a fit if they have to wait 5 seconds for some one else, because their time is valuable, but yours is worth diddly. :x

deorman said:

Spam can be good, but only if you cook it right. Here's my recipe for spamcakes:

Make up a bowl of pancake batter.
Get the pan hot and add a little oil.
Put a in few slices of spam, separated by a few inches.
Flip them over when they are well browned, then pour batter over each slice separately.
Cook the pancakes as normal.
Serve with syrup.

You'll see!

Latest posts

Back