image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I wanted to build a true Rat Bike this year . A bike built from many different bike companies & many different years. With plenty of Patina, rust , crust & age. There for the swamp dog was born creeping up out of the diry south .
As I've been cruising around on it people stop me and say cool bike what year is it..... Well it's a mix of parts from 1940 through 1970 with a few doodad from the 00s & some home made parts . It's what ya call a Rat .
The bike rides great and was a blast to build . I wanted to keep it fun & the stress level low because that's what it's all about when creating rolling art .
Also half the fun to me is the photos. I always enjoy cruising the new bike to cool spots and getting just the right shots .
Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2015
Not exact how I wanted the finished thread to turn out , not sure what happened but I'm tired of messing with it ..

Reactions: KJV
Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Great looking rat G-Matt. Was fun watching your thread with the visits to your friend's shop and all. Good to see the Swamp Dog out and about again.

Reactions: G-Matt
Jul 13, 2009
Hollister, CA
I like your mentality of building a bike with what you have leftover or using some of your favorite things and they somehow combine without really matching. Cool combo

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
G, welcome to the rusty and crusty crowd! :grin:
This dog brings a lot of rat-isfaction just looking at it; bet it's a trip to ride! Congrats on a solid ratty bike build. :41:

Apr 14, 2015
Thanks for all the kind words guys your much to kind
You know what they say ... Cant teach an old dog new tricks & if ya can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch with the pups . My self I prefer just to lay in the shade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furyus

Pro Member
Jan 31, 2011
Leesburg, VA
You sure someone didn't throw this together back in '62 and you just dug it out of hiding? Perfect match of color and corrosion. Awesome build.

furyus