Summer Re-Builds - Worksman INB & Dyno Glide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's gonna be a good summer. Fresh parts and paint on both the Dyno Glide and Worksman INB [emoji3]
Probably start with the INB since it'll be my daily.

c7be3c27bb5cf4a10c73b099f356036e.jpg

2ffc4fbb833091d21f08d6ef52a96139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXL handlebars made by Atomic Cycles and Peregrine stem with some Oury grips
ab86251993aeaebacc7d8d4be989b6d0.jpg

Swapping out American bracket to a Euro one and a SRAM 2 speed coaster hub.
414e8ac4ceaa1ac1b4e366d39067d845.jpg

RL cranks with black bear traps. Relacing some Araya 7X rims as well. Pic of those in the near future.
ae130722cdc9fd7c986958204e44d842.jpg

I do have a set of Worksman fat chromies that I will be putting on the Dyno. Should be a nice fit for that bike.
Still debating on powder coating/auto paint or just rattle can the frame since it's gonna get beat up on.

Thanks for looking..

Are those the 818 bars? I like'm.

I'm scratchin' my head at your BB strategy... more parts, more money, smaller bearings? :39: I got some Redline Flights on my #1 Worksman INB, though, and it's an awesome set-up. Running 180s on mine with a 44t Profile Flywheel sprocket.... and an American BB. :grin:

Overall, though, that's a killer parts mix.... what front hub/ fork are you running?

Bearings were waiting for a project and this one came up. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, I did want to test how sealed bearings held up. I'm also running 180s with a 44t that came off an old cranbrook :)
Generic straight chrome fork. GT Mohawk hub or a Dyno hub that came off a Motoglide. Still debating on which to use.

180mm cranks on a 26" just feel so right, if your frame has enough ground clearance. The INB has clearance in spades; you'll love that crankset on that frame...

GT Mowawk hubs look pretty trick; this is going to be a mean INB, for sure....

As for the BB/bearings,
all you needed to run sealed full-size bearings with that crank and that frame is this thing:
https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/redline-bb-set-for-3-piece-cranks-19mm-american

...or, any American-size BB made for 19mm spindles.

Now, with that threaded adaptor, you need this thing instead:
https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/redline-bb-set-for-3-piece-cranks-19mm-euro
[IMG]

It'll work, but it'd save $15 and offer more chainline adjustability, PLUS bigger bearings if you just got the American-spec BB from jump....

If you haven't already got a 19mm Euro BB set, it might make the most sense to just get a 19mm American-spec BB and save the threaded adaptor for putting a square-taper crank into a bike with an American shell....

180mm cranks on a 26" just feel so right, if your frame has enough ground clearance. The INB has clearance in spades; you'll love that crankset on that frame...

GT Mowawk hubs look pretty trick; this is going to be a mean INB, for sure....

As for the BB/bearings,
all you needed to run sealed full-size bearings with that crank and that frame is this thing:
https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/redline-bb-set-for-3-piece-cranks-19mm-american

...or, any American-size BB made for 19mm spindles.

Now, with that threaded adaptor, you need this thing instead:
https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/redline-bb-set-for-3-piece-cranks-19mm-euro

It'll work, but it'd save $15 and offer more chainline adjustability, PLUS bigger bearings if you just got the American-spec BB from jump....

If you haven't already got a 19mm Euro BB set, it might make the most sense to just get a 19mm American-spec BB and save the threaded adaptor for putting a square-taper crank into a bike with an American shell....

Thanks for the info! I'll def look into the American sealed bearing kit. I still gotta rattle can the bike and will prob run a BMX drain pipe post to complete the look.

The BMX bug bit me good on this one and the Dyno might get a slight BMX treatment too.

Last edited:

End up going with the American BB sealed kit made by Redline, thanks for opening my eyes to that!

On another note, Krylon > Rust-O-Leum spray paint. Finally got around to spraying the Worksman glossy black, going to sand a few rough spots and then do the final coat. I'll post a few pictures when I get home today.

Laced a chrome GT Mohawk hub yesterday to one wheel, but I'm stuck on spoke sizing for the high flange on the SRAM Automatix, but a little more research and measuring til I figure it out. But if anyone's laced one before and knows the specific MM off hand I'll try it out.

Iḿ glad the BB worked out for you.... youŕe gonna have a low-maintenance, bullet-proof rig, i think...

According to the EDD calc, you´ll need 258mm spokes to lace a SRAM Auto coaster hub 3-cross into a 26"Araya 7x rim...
fVsf4RP.png

Hope this helps...

On the one hand, some ppl (like my wife) might say i got too many black bikes. On the other hand, you just cannot go wrong with a black frame. They always look right, and almost any parts you hang on´m will look ok with the black,,,,

Last edited:
I ran into a slight snag with one of my Araya's so I'm on the the hunt for another 7x. I'll lace up my old rims in the meantime.
With the new headset I'm finally able to put on the forks and handlebars.

I was skeptical about the drain pipe post but I think it looks pretty good.

2f382bb82cf1757e8d5d2f49e1138c2f.jpg

f2f7fd4433af9e4b6611526fc7159522.jpg

Front wheel has finally been laced up with a GT Mohawk hub. I'm still waiting on the spokes for the rear hub. I finally see the finish line.

I performed the SRAM Automatix hub hack on the clutch spring so it shifts later than sooner. Much easier then I thought. Can't wait to get the bike on the road.

It's the Dyno's turn.
Took me about 10 years to finally want to tear the bike down and repaint it. Only thing still matching on the bike were frame and forks.

It use to be blue according to the fork and BB overspray. why paint over that real nice Dyno blue?!
b776758dcbef5dff64e7d3289c4ba410.jpg

faebb30c56e3de33a8b410676d8f3e1c.jpg

I know there's a thread with a link to possibly dating your Dyno Glide but I can't seem to figure out the year mine was built in. Anyone know?
2d2d7b8dc68f4229fdaf2ba2daa22e7e.jpg

Primed with etching spray and I'm going to paint it using Dupli Color stainless steel. Anyone ever use this stuff on there bike?
3bc2e2c14c3e6c0cc18827bcac496756.jpg

d7fac1a6b0a9f6910325434759f22edc.jpg

A few premature pictures of my Dyno.
A few parts on the cruiser: GT BMX headset, GT seatpost clamp, GT MTB grips, 3 piece GT BB and pedals.
The Worksman wheels with the front drum look awesome IMO.
I still have to trim down layback seat post a bit. The handlebars kinda give it a klunker vibe?
af7192265e3761dd015e3344cf5e1841.jpg

Latest posts

Back