Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stretch: You got it going on. I love the look you're going for. You are the man that can make it a very cool bike but in the end only one can have EST on the end of it. Cool..EST. May the best man win. Gentlemen, start your welders.

thanks guys, glad everyone likes it. but chainy i posted that drawing before i colored it, so you cant see the full idea.

my idea was to paint it like the High an Mighty Gasser(it was in C/A class cuz there wasnt a gasser class yet, but it was called a gasser, cuz it did run on gas). Anywho, thats grey primer with a splash of blue and green toner in it to get that pastel blue/green. the front wheel will be all silver, the back wheel all red, 1.75" whitewall front, but fat blackwall tire out back(i was thinking the same kind of tire kram used for his stripped and teased bike). everything thats supposed to be chrome will be silver, and some black parts, like the chain gaurds on the back two sprockets. oh and cant forgot the home-done lettering.

i got a link to a picture, as im at school right now(Study hour pretty much, but we call it academic center) and they have blocks on all picture sites, all blogs, and supposibly all forums :wink: :lol: so i cant post the pics i have on the H&M gasser.
http://blog.chryslerllc.com/binaryFiles ... rn-out.jpg

Sorry I forgot about it.I turn 50 and my brain goes to mush! :lol: We gonna see pipes like that on your bike? Very cool. Thanks for the link! Now I know what I'm dealing with.

Didn't get a chance to do anything today. But after seeing the picture of what Stretch is basing his build on, I decided to get into my big box of cool crap! Look out little boy this is bigger and badder than a Can of WhoopAzz! :shock:

:lol: i dont have the proper eqipment to make those, and i think itd be too much going on the bike, but i did have the same thought. and bring it chainy, i aint scared! :p

im trying to, but im not getting on a lot cuz my computer is toast. :cry:

i havent gotten a whole lot, just need to start cuttin and welding. i think im gonna sanblast it all once its welded, as i dont have ready access to one.

and sorry i cant get on as much, dont really have a computer of my own. but im making progress! i have the bandages to prove it! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, just trying to get the Autorama bike finished up for this next weekend. If I'd had been smart I would have made this build off and the Autorama bike the same! But I'm not anywhere's close to smart!
I think Stretch has been out making snow angels and writing his name in the snow, but I could be wrong.
When we started we both knew that the bulk of our builds would take place towards the deadline. The cold kicks our butts. Look for March to be the "Progression" month!

march is the month ill be workin on the feisty. :mrgreen: oh an chainy, theres no way i could put my bike in the autorama, ive got school on friday an my mom wont let me skip to take the bike down therre. ill just buy regular tickets and see you guys on saturday. :D

Defintely come and hang out with us! Camp FreakBike will be set up somewhere's near the back corner of the bike area.

As far as this here buildoff bike, Yeah I gotta get at it! I plan on riding it in Ontario for the Biking for Betty ride in May! This will be a full on Freak! I have found a few more trinkets for it.

Stretch, don't tell Chainsaw I said this but I saw where he was posting stuff this morning at 1:32 AM. Guess he couldn't sleep. I think you got him running skeered. Shhhh.

mums the word. :wink: better delete your post then. :lol: just messin.

rgallen said:
Stretch, don't tell Chainsaw I said this but I saw where he was posting stuff this morning at 1:32 AM. Guess he couldn't sleep. I think you got him running skeered. Shhhh.

rgallen said:

I aint skeered :cry: It's just that when I started counting sheep ..... they were all riding bikes built by Stretch!

Tis a fine Sunday morn. The kind of Sunday morn when the skies open up and let the full light of the sun shine down on the bike building dungeon that I call the Unit. My blood trembles with the excitement of knowing that today shall bring in the beginnings of what will be a great new bike for this summer's cruises. A bike that will instill many questions amongst all onlookers. Some will be technical, some will be odd, but all will question something about this bike and what it represents. The birth of this bike and it's ideals will always be a topic to be discussed. This WILL become a legend among the FreakBike legends. Past, present and future Freaks, as well as common folk, will gaze upon it likeness floating throughout the internet highway and stand in awe at it's greatness and what it has contributed to society.

People roaming aimlessly about the streets will step aside and marvel at it's presence. Automobiles will graciously share the roads with such a creation. This bike WILL generate an interest in the humanoids that never considered a bicyle to be more than something to ride. It will have domineering quality that rivals the mightiest of creations. If King Kong was a bike, he'd ride off in the other direction (if he knew what was good for him!). The bike will also give back to soiciety in that it will be ridden in some charitable events as well as visiting the MIA/POW event in Davisburg, Michigan.

So I'm off to the Unit! The blood is starting to simmer. My palms are sweaty as I envision the first slice of metal as it rips thru my cut off saw. I can almost smell the sweet fragrance of my first welding bead. Ahh, yes the day is ripe for destruction, but even riper for reconstruction! Mere mortals step aside, the day belongs to me and my Unit!

(Use your best announcer voice)
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Let's get Building! Bring the wives, the girlfriends, your kids, even the dog! Fore tonight the rumble starts! Stretch vs. Chainsaw! BE THERE!

Latest posts

Back