Stretch a Raleigh?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an idea for maybe something in the future, don't know yet. Just my feeble attempt at "paint"....IF I did it I would like to acquire another GREEN frame to do the stretching, leaving the (tig) welds raw, and no finish painting. Looks pretty simple. What do you think?
005-11.jpg

scan0001.jpg

didn't you just say yesterday No more stretches, burritos, etc. just plain old simple frames from now on

Well, that's what I'm feeling today. Who knows what I'll feel like building in the future.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe this is what I said. :D

deorman said:
I think you'll be splicing cables and sticking to the pavement. :|
Cables are simple, and usually only ride pavement anyway.

BoLiles said:
please don't stretch my favorite brand of bike. Ship it to me. :D
The only reason to do this, is to, uhh, upset some people...............Thank you!

KOTA that is an awesome idea. I'm about to cut up some Raleigh's for a swing bike project. Tell me what your looking for in parts and I can give you my cast offs.

Those are brazed joint's? If it's a lugged frame. Make your welds a little bit away from the braze.

GL

Graylock said:
KOTA that is an awesome idea. I'm about to cut up some Raleigh's for a swing bike project. Tell me what your looking for in parts and I can give you my cast offs.

Those are brazed joint's? If it's a lugged frame. Make your welds a little bit away from the braze.

GL
Thanks for the heads up on the lugged frame!

Stretch Raleigh would be great.

KOTA said:
BoLiles said:
please don't stretch my favorite brand of bike. Ship it to me. :D
The only reason to do this, is to, uhh, upset some people...............Thank you!

That is a great reason, but I think you are just trying to show Raleigh the FeetForward design that everyone else has.

hey kota, do it. it will be a first. it is my fav bike also but what the hey, give me a couple of those and i'll cut em up. oh yeah.

Outlaw

deorman said:
Slice and dice trumps shed-rot. If you know what you're doing, why build with crap?
One thing I've never claimed, "to know what I'm doing". :wink:

dang, who said anyone knew what they were doing? lol. man i don't. what is this why build with crap? i didn't get that ? oh well i am old. back to building with crap.lol.

Outlaw

Latest posts

Back