Stingrays that I fixed up over the years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom 1968 Schwinn Stingray 5 speed
black02.jpg

1970 Apple Krate with 1968 Custom Fastback
krate007.jpg

1968 Custom Stingray Fastback
MySchwinns004.jpg

1967 Schwinn Stingray with extra long sissy bar
MySchwinns001.jpg

1970 Custom Schwinn Fastback 5 speed with long sissy bar
MySchwinns002.jpg

1968 Schwinn Fastback 5 speed
MySchwinns003.jpg

Sandman

I still have all of them except for the 1967 Stingray, I gave that to my niece. It's harder to find and fix up stingrays now, so I'm gonna start fixing up bikes that are easy on the budget. There are many nice bikes in here and are giving me great ideas. This site is great! :D

Thank you everyone for the compliments. Here are some pics of the bikes before. I repainted all of them except for the yellow fastback, just touched it up. My wife complained about spending too much time sanding the bikes, so I called myself the Sandman.
This was the 1968 5 speed before. I didn't like the color the previous owner painted it and you can never go wrong with black.
steph01.jpg

This was the blue fastback. My first project.
003.jpg

The 1967 Stingray, the previous owner painted the rear wheel gold, fortunately it all came out with polish. It took forever though. I wish I could have kept the original paint but it was really bad. It was hard to paint with that coppertone color.
coppertone1.jpg

The yellow fastback's paint was in decent condition so I just touched it up. I recently put back the original forks and put some whitewall tires on it.
fb_1.jpg

The violet fastback used to be blue. Didn't want two blue ones.
60_1.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't have before pics of the Apple Krate. That bike was a mess.
It was fun fixing these bikes and my family and I enjoy riding them. I'm looking forward to fixing ratrod cruisers because they are so cool and I know I'll enjoy riding them!

Awesome collection, and a great job on the restorations!
I'm a huge fan of Schwinns myself, with a few special ones in my own collection. I was kind of hoping you still had the '67 Coppertone, and were dying to sell it! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back