Sting Ray Junior Mods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, you guys made me go trudge through the snow, dig through the shed and retrieve one of my favorite rides...my Sting Ray Junior.
SharksNasaandSchwinn005.jpg

SharksNasaandSchwinn003.jpg

SharksNasaandSchwinn004.jpg

Don't mind my other dirty pocket rocket in the garage. Everything is dusty from being stored all winter.

Regardless, almost nothing is stock on my junior. A friend of mine, Aaron (RIP) gave me this frame and fork ALONG time ago. And it sat and sat. One day, just the right Huffy came along, and the two were melded into one, along with some bike shop support for the more obvious seat/ sissy bar and handlebar/ stem combo and the lucky seven. The front tire is from my ol' Burly trailer, and my boss at the shop gave me the rear tire.

I built this "Pocket Ray" to ride, and it does quite well. It handles like it's on rails. I chose function over form since we have a grueling 15 mile memorial ride for a few of my buddies, and you want your rig to be tight and efficient.

What do ya think?

no matter how you slice it.......still comes up Stingray. Timeless how could someone not like it, I would like to find a redline slick like
that one. One thing I dont care for is the apes, why can't they make tall apes without the bend in the middle ??

Schwinnspastic said:
... why can't they make tall apes without the bend in the middle ??

so theyre narrow enough to fit through a door, some people dont have garages and theyd be stolen if left outside unattended :mrgreen:

nice muscle :D

Yeah I'm with ya on the hangers, but their all I could find. I wanted the old super narrow tall kind I used to see as a kid, but I dug through all of our suppliers catalogs at the shop and found nothing. I thought Wald may make some, but the ones I found were short.

I wanted a super tall sissy bar as well, that's the tallest I could find. Now I need to find a racoon tail :shock:

I can't wait to throw on some more pics of my bikes, you guys will dig 'em. I feel like I've been waiting to find this sight for the last 25 years...I can finally display some of my skunk works projects. I don't think folks around where I live appreciate this kind of stuff. Unfortunetly my stuff is rather buried in the shed right now.

Back