Spring or truss forks?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all! I pulled these off of a ladies late 30s hawthorne. They were mismatched from the bike but am wondering how these were originally set up. Spring or truss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170518_170312.jpg
    20170518_170312.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 186
I was leaning towards truss but I've seen variations of truss/spring setups, just haven't seen this one in particular.

I recall on my 1949 Rollfast (cousin), that the ladies' truss rods might be longer than the mens' - (perhaps because of a longer head tube on the frame and longer steering tube on the fork).

Would a 1930's Hawthorne frame/fork be built by CWC or Snyder or another?

I recall on my 1949 Rollfast (cousin), that the ladies' truss rods might be longer than the mens' - (perhaps because of a longer head tube on the frame and longer steering tube on the fork).

Hmm interesting. Funny i have some truss rods from a 1937 men's Rollfast on the forks now but they don't have the right curve. They're taller than where they would mount to the stem.

I can't tell who built this particular model. I'm guessing CWC.

Sorry, after a re-read, I realize that I missed the important point above - maybe I was thinking color coordination(?).
Yea they were a different color so I assumed a different bike altogether. Probably same era though I'm guessing.

Latest posts

Back