SPACEGHOST!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha so i wanted to make another build, but im kinda broke due to the holidays, so i decided to modify one of my other bikes.

I posted pics of a spaceliner i had previously
space02.jpg

it was a good bike, and still is, but red really isnt my color and i couldnt resist so i dedicated my free time the past couple days to create this
space04.jpg

i'm jealous of all your creativity in naming your bikes so i thought for a second about what else is white and i was like "ooooh ghost" and then i thought hmmmm and the name spaceliner......SPACEGHOST!

...it also happens to be a silly tv show.

whadya guys think?
should i put the chaingaurd on it?
i took the battery tray outa the light, it was clunking around, the light barely worked anyway.

looks SHARP !!! could you post some pics of the the back of the rack for me (i need some refernce pics of the reflectors)

not my standard reply but i like it without the guard on it. i would clean the wheels up a little and call it done, no whitewalls necessary for this bike IMO.

i like it but you need another color to break up all the white. maybe shoot the rims black iduno i agree no guard nice bike i am jelious always wanted one of these.

karfer67 said:
i like it but you need another color to break up all the white. maybe shoot the rims black iduno i agree no guard nice bike i am jelious always wanted one of these.
yea i wanna make the rims black, they need a lot of cleaning up they are pretty rusty.

CCR said:
looks SHARP !!! could you post some pics of the the back of the rack for me (i need some refernce pics of the reflectors)

not my standard reply but i like it without the guard on it. i would clean the wheels up a little and call it done, no whitewalls necessary for this bike IMO.

here ya go CCR hope this works for you
space05.jpg

SCHWEET! I am DYING to find a Spaceliner-type tank/light and rack to build a cheap beach cruiser into a faux early 60's middleweight (with 24x3s...) I'm thinking about trying to make/fake a tank that looks similar. And that rack? Man, it's all tailfins and jet exhaust...

--rick

nice paint for a guy in his apartment. Where did you paint this??? i would definitly commit to the color and see if you can get invited to P-DIDDYs party this year.. WHITE TIRES, WHITE SEAT , WHITE GRIPS

greggah said:
nice paint for a guy in his apartment. Where did you paint this??? i would definitly commit to the color and see if you can get invited to P-DIDDYs party this year.. WHITE TIRES, WHITE SEAT , WHITE GRIPS

in a very crude setup on my balcony :p

Great name and a great bike to do it with. I agree with the black rims and I'd leave the red grips, now you need som yellow. How 'bout the rack?...Kelly
spaceghost.jpg

ratdaddy said:
you need to get some cheap halogen lights from Target or Walmart and gut them and put them in your light to update it and give you some good light.

yeah, there's a sticky in the HowTo board that shows how to use those lights in this type deal... I just saw a 3- or 4-pack of the same type lights at Big Lots for less than 10 bucks...

--rick

cman said:
Looks sharp. Change the grips and paint the rims(silver-dark silver)

I agree..........charcoal grey (metallic).

KOTA said:
cman said:
Looks sharp. Change the grips and paint the rims(silver-dark silver)

I agree..........charcoal grey (metallic).

yea, i really want to paint the rims, but there is so much rust on them....the task ahead looks very "fun" :p
it makes the final product all the better tho haha.

ParkRNDL said:
ratdaddy said:
you need to get some cheap halogen lights from Target or Walmart and gut them and put them in your light to update it and give you some good light.

yeah, there's a sticky in the HowTo board that shows how to use those lights in this type deal... I just saw a 3- or 4-pack of the same type lights at Big Lots for less than 10 bucks...

--rick

hmmmm you bring up an interesting point! i'll go check that out right now! :D

Real nice. I love spaceliners. I think metalflake blue rims with a white pinstripe on them would look killer.

JoeyMac said:
Nice variation on the SpaceLiner. Although I could never bring myself to paint over mine, I think yours works fine. well done.
i really like yours, you have the chrome version right? i have the red one. I think the chrome ones are great i really like the tanks on em.

Back