Some new pics!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest rat tanker Hawthorne!! Sweet barn find.
Bobscamera006.jpg

Bobscamera005.jpg

Also my new Boardtrack bike in progress. Let me know what you think!
Bobscamera012.jpg

Bobscamera014.jpg

Bobscamera013.jpg

" Let me know what you think!"

awsome ideas on the board tracker ['ll be useing some of them on future projects] and then rust bucket tanker looks cool too [gotta have one to ride for every one you build!] :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for the feedback!!! I'm glad you guys like it. I welded the whole frame together with oxygen/acetelyne torch and coathangers. It's a poor boy project. I made the seat pan out of used computer sides and the seat struts are 3/8" steel. The tank I'm gonna just cover with fiberglass so it will be easier to finish out and get smooth! I gotta have it done by Feb. 3rd for the swap meet in Indianapolis!! We will have a booth down there for my bike club. Thanks again Troy

ricksterr1221 said:
Troy, Did u ever get this bad boy done?!

Not yet rickster. Had a lot of stuff going on the past month or so, personal and otherwise. But I got a motor for it and all pieces to make my jackshaft, but it will be done hopefully soon. Thanks, Troy.

ricksterr1221 said:
Troy, Did u ever get this bad boy done?!

I was thinking the same thing Yesterday..
That's Funny.

Messed up, nuttie, Bass ackwards minds think alike hey Ricky :wink:

keep us Posted Troy...The Frame and Geometry on this Build are
almost EXACT to what a True Old Board Tracker would be!!!!!!

peace,
Kev.

Funny I though about this bike the otherday as I saw another custom weld job. It was a old ladies bike like a Hawthorn with two top tubes. It look pretty cool with all four tubes meeting in the front. Excessive? Yes

Well a little info on my Boardtrack project! I figured out how I'm going to do the rear wheel. So I got motivated on this again and will order all my parts for the rear end tomorrow! I'm going to use a MTB disc brake rear hub and convert it to a single speed on the pedal side and on the motor side I am going to take 46-48 tooth sorocket and make it bolt where the rotor would go also with 12ga. spokes and 26x2.125 rim. Thats gonna be the rear drive. I need to get the rear end built so I can get my jackshaft mocked and welded up. The front rim will be the same 12ga. spokes with a roller brake laced in. So I will have a brake on it. Will keep everyone posted! I need a camera "still" so I can get some pics for my first motorized bike project. Thanks Troy.

did you think about using a freewheel crank from a fixed freewheel shimano set up?
I have sold a couple to other guys who use them
the motor goes on one of the pedal cranks and the other goes to the chain and it allows the ruder to stop pedaling and the motor continues to run the sprockets
I have one of the freewheel crank setups with a one piece crank I would send ya just for the price of shipping
just a thought
the aussies love that setup when ever i list one on ebay they always want me to ship them there and I dont ship international

Hooch said:
did you think about using a freewheel crank from a fixed freewheel shimano set up?
I have sold a couple to other guys who use them
the motor goes on one of the pedal cranks and the other goes to the chain and it allows the ruder to stop pedaling and the motor continues to run the sprockets
I have one of the freewheel crank setups with a one piece crank I would send ya just for the price of shipping
just a thought
the aussies love that setup when ever i list one on ebay they always want me to ship them there and I dont ship international

Hooch actually thats a really good idea! The problem I'm running into is the motor is wider than the cranks so I got to run a 5.5 inch crank in it and run the motor up as far on the frame as i can get it. I found a friction drive 34cc 2 stroke off a J.C. Higgins that came into work so I'm going to make it direct drive. Thanks for the offer and ideas Hooch!

Good to see another Board Tracker build.My Flying Merkel tribute bike should be done in a coupla weeks,but mine wont have a motor.

That Hawthorn looks way cool too.

Awesome! cant wait to start seeing some progress. I love it.

Latest posts

Back