so what else do you collect ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else collect Die cast cars? I have a few of them, I collect anything I like, Nascar, customs, old cars, anything cool. Here's what my girlfriend puts up with.....

diecast.jpg

diecast1.jpg

diecast2.jpg

diecast3.jpg

10 points if you know what the green car in the center is
diecast4.jpg

Yeah I got a few diecast.
Above and beyond the normal sized Hotwheels, I've got a couple from back in the early 70s that were something like 1/24th scale called GranToros or something like that.
Got some of the first Johnny Lightnings, not repops from Polar Lights. Got a few of the repops along with most of the Johnny Lightning Magmas.
Tons of gas station truck banks: Mobil, Exxon, Clark, Texaco, Shell, Sunoco, Gulf and many others. Also some of the airplanes that were offered.
I've quite a few Hearses but they get pretty expensive when and if you can find them.
My main collections are Trucks, Buses, VWs and novelty type cars. Anywhere from 1/64 to 1/16, maybe bigger.
A few motorcycles from the 60s from Britains, Corgi and the old Hotwheels Rumblers.
Several Corgis, Dinkys and Lesney Matchboxes (both regular and King Size).
Racing Champions from the 90s and some of the other manufacturers of Nascrap back then. I even have some of the little diecast drivers and celebrities that Ertyl put out back then.
Tootsie toys of all sizes if you consider them diecast.
One or two Arcade Tractors and a few Ertyl trucks and tractors.
Recently I've been getting box full of the cars that you by from Danbury mint and them type of places. The were my wife's grandfathers and I'm getting all the ones the boys in the family don't want. Basically anything that's missing a part or wasn't cool enough in their eyes. Mostly car styles from the 30s and 40s. But occassionally a truck or muscle car.

Just about everything is packed away waiting for us to move this next year, but there are a few still floating around. I'll try to get some pics in the next few days. Also, I'll keep you in mind if I ever get rid of any, which will probably happen over the year.

Wow!! I also collect licence plates!
Bike licence plates!

I have some local car plates too... do you want some?
I´ll get some pics to see what you think

Chainsaw said:
Also, I'll keep you in mind if I ever get rid of any, which will probably happen over the year.

Cool thanks man, I normally collect any of them that are uncommon or kinda oddball, the ones nobody really looks at. And I have always had a soft spot for old classic Mercedes Benz, That explains the green one in my pics.

Just a side note: If you ever happen to run across a die cast of a 1965-1967 International Harvester 1100 or 1200 series pickup let me know, I been looking for one for years, that's the truck I learned to drive in and I loved it so much my first 5 vehicles were ALL Internationals, Then gas prices went nuts......... :cry: :roll: :cry:
My first five were:
1966 International 1200 camper-mobile, A beast but the king pins in the straight axle were gone, anything over 45 was risky.
1965 1100 series step-bed, Rusty, crusty, musty, and dusty, but was a powerhouse for pulling.
1962 Scout mud buggie, Had some fun with it till I over reved it trying to get out of a mud hole and it started knocking
1967 Travelall, Looked like a suburban but got worse mileage, hit 5 deer with it and didn't even put a dent in it, think of it as a tank with windows..... :mrgreen:
And
1972 Scout 2, looked like it was dropped out of the ugly tree and smacked every branch on the way down and then had the tree fall on it afterword. But with the granny gear, 4x4, and snow plow on it, I never found anything too tough for it to handle.

On my samurai I seem to collect dents.
20051119_267.jpg

I've got a small VW collection of mostly diecast.

A collection of Apollo 11 memorabilia (only a small portion in the pic).
web.jpg

subadrew said:
subaru parts... or more I just use them up (dang racing!), and Hoosier tires.
Couldnt you just play Gran Turismo...Hahahah...When it comes out :roll:

Some awesome Collections. I Forgot to mention my die cast collections, Ill get into those soon!
Ill share some pictures

TheFlyingDingo said:
subadrew said:
subaru parts... or more I just use them up (dang racing!), and Hoosier tires.
Couldnt you just play Gran Turismo...Hahahah...When it comes out :roll:

Something... something... g-forces! something... sounds! something... smells! something... something... badassness!!

Something... something...stay in the road cause the trees passing by are real... :D I hear you brother!!! Nothing can compare to reality!

thx budy! the sea-sters are thier, just a little bashful today.
you can see em hiding if you look close.
the other side of the room looks a little crazy, i kinda went a nuts this year
with the halloween display. wasn't till after halloween i realized i had too muh stuff to store in the crawlspace.
so these guys got to stay out and play.
sl1v74.jpg

2lar32q.jpg

2z9e2hh.jpg

outskirts, your on the ball! 65 nova turned couch.
2d0jtl1.jpg

30u92j4.jpg

another 20 years and it might be worth striping for parts.lol

I had a great addition to my collection yesterday! As a reminder, I collect the words out of obituaries in the local newspaper of how people rephrase the words for "died" or "passed away", etc. So yesterday, this local guy didn't "die"...... he "tossed his last frisbee and it landed beyond the realms of earth"! You bet that one made my collection! Since I have hundreds of them it's getting harder and harder to find anything original anymore so this one made me jump for the scissors and tape to add it to my collection!

icyuod2 said:
outskirts, your on the ball! 65 nova turned couch.
2d0jtl1.jpg

30u92j4.jpg

another 20 years and it might be worth striping for parts.lol

I am a big car nut, my uncle had a '65 nova before he passed so I'd recognize it anywhere I used to sit on the fender and watch him work on it as a kid. Then when I was old enough he helped me restore my first car (A 1970 Mustang Mach One) and get it roadworthy even though he kept saying I should have left it in the creek from where it came.......Looking back on all the hours and money that went into it he was right. But I still enjoyed working on it with him.

When this topic was first posted I couldn't think of anything other than bikes that I collected. Well also all kinds of bike related stuff (see that here). Just hit me that I do collect a few other things. Stuff related to my hometown which isn't much of a collection. Telephones and telephone related stuff. Some of my phones...

blk_phone.jpg

sculptura.jpg

3slotter.jpg

executive2.jpg

Incredibles_Phone_Box.jpg

mickey_mouse_phone.jpg

Latest posts

Back