Snowplow rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious case of 'cabin fever' here, remember when corner filling stations used ex-military jeeps to clear out the snow? This one reminds me of those days. Cheers

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03818.jpg

johnny nightwolf said:
How's it work for ya?

Not so hot at first, not much pedal clearance so I swapped the orig one for a crankset with shorter arms. The shovel actually is mounted to cut Varsity drop bars mounted to the fork ends so it glides along pretty smoothly. Cheers

Ok yall have way too much time on yalls hands. That is so silly ...everybody knows it has to be a three wheeler :wink: :wink:

now thats a great ratovation. now to resist the temptation to build one of my own. hmmm... wonder if you could make the front "blade" able to move up and down via some brake cables, a lever and some creativity and mount little 3 or 4 inch wheels to the fork behind the blade? that way you could get a running start b4 you drop the blade to plow, had the front weight of the bike on two small wheels vs all the weight on the blade or...

Back