Slick Daddy Rear Fender Wobbles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Has anyone worked out a solution to the stock Slick Daddy rear fender wobble, without adding fender braces? I added washers top side, and fender washers ( large diameter washer, with small hole ) underside for stiffness . What Chuck is doing on his build is a good solution, to what is basically a design error. I am looking for a way to retain the original look / fender. I have an idea to add a curved plastic strip, as a stiffener , under the fender.

I'm not familiar with this bike, but I'm guessing that the "floating" fender is affixed along its centerline, no? That's the recipe for wobbling. I think a better approach would be to establish two new attachment points, separated, at the seat stay bridge. You would have to fabricate some unobtrusive spacers to get the fender orientation perfect, but the new paradigm delivers an extremely rigid result. The concept is a lot like a three-legged stool--they don't wobble much.

slickd.jpeg

After further reflection, I'd go so far as to recommend you insert M4 Rivnuts--the same used for mounting bottle cages--at the new locations. That would make for a very sanitary and professional looking installation. They're cheap and don't really require the special tool some manufacturers sell.

514tE99d84L._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back