skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-osis (name pending)

onelesspedestrian said:
its an 18" rim from a little kids 16" stingray.

oops, I missed that post somehow. :oops: I was talking about the real skinny one posted further back. I liked that one better, it's more dragster-ish, but that's just my $.02

duely noted. i came to the same conclusion myself. looks like i'll be relacing the rear rim on a steel hoop if i can find the time.
the old raleigh 20x1 3/8" just suits the build so much better.

keep the tall skinny up front the other problem with the other is it locks you into only a few 18 inch tires. i like the skinny wheel much better and it probably adds some ground clearance. oh and i have faith in you

well i would have some new pic's for ya, but photobucket isn't cooperating. somebody went and removed my upload button. :roll:

anyway, the wheelie bars are all welded up. built a quick jig and had my budy weld em for me. (he's got a sweet miller tig welder, i don't) :)

he owed me a favor and i'm real short for time. got to get as much finished as possible before i go away up north.

ha ha theres more than one way to skin a dead cat.

1e3zau.jpg

wbqgsl.jpg

coming together better than i expected. i can't wait to start doing wheelies. :)
iwjblu.jpg

2l3j0n.jpg

14yae85.jpg

i agree a butterfly wheel would be really cool. oh and i think those wheelie bars are a bit high to keep the front end down but it will be a wheel stander for sure. a shute would be very cool as well

Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

You forgot the "y".........Skully-o-sis. :wink:

KOTA said:
You forgot the "y".........Skully-o-sis. :wink:

then it wouldn't mean "my sisters skull" :lol:
i don't have a sister, and i wont confirm or deny having one in the past. :lol:

how uncomfortable would this be?

28bxy4l.jpg

which brings me to my next task.
i6a1j6.jpg

plenty of room back there for a shoot. :)

as for the butterfly wheel. i would love to mount one.
here's my concern's/issue, maybe you guys can help.

i don't want the wheel to come straight out the top of the seat tube. if i'm gonna use one, its gotta be mounted/positioned like it would be in a dragster. (towards the driver)

trying to figure out a low cost method to do so, thats gonna look good, leave room for my knees, be comfortable and have a serious grip on the crazy steering. i also need the leverage to pull wheelies and be able to learn forward to put the bike back on the ground. pretty much gotta build it with the front end at zero bouyancy (for lack of a better term)
i'd be the balance point (right over the rear axle)

you could weld on a steering column. :lol:

recent developments.

picked up a red led and switch. its 12volt for automotive use, but i'm just running it from a 9volt battery.
2h2glev.jpg

seat frames finished. the plan is to make a quilted black leather seat(with red stitching/tufting) .
gonna use an old leather jacket (goodwill) and see if i can't build it from scratch.
eiqhdc.jpg

using another of the alum skulls a friend poured for me at work (dollar store skull used to make the mold)
2rmxw8i.jpg

with the new seat comes new inspiration. i think i'm gonna dedicate this on to the mistress of the night.
that diva of death, elvira herself. :)

ohr2vb.jpg

not sure of the name yet, but it will reflect the new theme.

good names! i'm not gonna limit my selections just yet.
i've given thought to including/dedicating the build to the other diva of the night.
i found this old picture, and i'm thinking it would make for some interesting pinstripe work.

the godess with the insane waist
vampira.
351vm9k.jpg

cut out panels for the seat.
2vtp9x4.jpg

followed by foam
30jptuv.jpg

i also raided my better 1/2's sewing supplies for red cording,velvet and apolstery buttons.
2crrloo.jpg

time to start cutting leather and breaking out the sewing machine. (shhh, our secret. :) )

Latest posts

Back