Simplerat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got to go for my first ride tonight came back changed handle bars went back out and loved how comfortable it rode, now I can build my springer fork and crash bars. Thanks for all your guys comments.
DSCF2500.jpg

DSCF2501.jpg

This is going to be a great build off to watch, I see alot of nice starts. I'm really diggin this one, great work. I believe this one would be a good candidate for a suicide shifter.

Fresh ideas, I love it.

Im guessing your not gonna turn on this bike?haha that crash bar looks alittle low?Or is that just an illusion?Really ....... so far,wish I had the skill and time to build from ground up.

bikejunkie said:
Im guessing your not gonna turn on this bike?haha that crash bar looks alittle low?Or is that just an illusion?Really ....... so far,wish I had the skill and time to build from ground up.

It actually is even with the bottom of the frame, but I definitely don't want lean to far over, I rode it around last night with just the one side on and the biggest problem i had was the fact that I had to get my size 13 shoes in the right position, It is a pain to turn but I also have alot of rake in the front end

wow!! looks great!
i love the fork, and i think you're so ahead of the deadline, you should rethink/redesign the crash bars :wink:

great bike!

theVULTURE said:
wow!! looks great!
i love the fork, and i think you're so ahead of the deadline, you should rethink/redesign the crash bars :wink:

great bike!

I'm actually thinking about building a sidecar for it but for now the next thing is to get my jockey shifter made and find the right set of fenders that look good then I will either play with the crash bars again or make my sidecar like this one
flexisidecar.jpg

536.jpg

Hey! I recoginze that seat! :shock: Did you get it off of an old Schwinn exerciser or Exercycle? I've had ones from both. Very Comfortable! Many people don't think so but once they ride my bike ... they believe.
I feel I should give you this caution though:
Any and all Rat Rod and RatBike guys will try to buy this seat from you! :lol: If you go to any car, motorcycle or bike shows/swapmeets be prepared for this! P.S. the Exercycle seats are the better of this style seat. sturdier built and better chrome.

Your bike is coming along great! You've really caught spirit of the old iron. Very nice job on the springer. Looking forward to seeing the completion of this old horse. The sidecar would be a great addition, but please do youself a favor and make it detachable.
Thanks,
Chainsaw

Back