Showing off on a nice sunny day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There wasn't a cloud in the sky, temperature was in the mid 60's, decided to roll out what's rideable for a photo shoot.

First, the "Boys in Black"...Huffy Rat coaster with apes, Good Vibrations with a 3 spd SA
100_1524.jpg

100_1526.jpg

100_1527.jpg

Second, "The Touring Bikes"....Schwinn Breeze coaster in blue, Huffy Sea Trails 3 spd Shimano, matching Huffy Sea Pines 3 spd Shimano, and black Murray Zoom 3 spd Shimano
100_1518.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1520.jpg

Third, 'The Roadies"....Silver Huffy Scout 10 spd, Black Murray Zoom 5 spd
100_1521.jpg

100_1522.jpg

100_1523.jpg

and finally, "The Cruisers"....Red Sears Flyer coaster, White Huffy Good Vibrations 10 spd, Blue Monark Thunderbird coaster, and because I goofed, Black Huffy Good Vibrations
3 spd SA again.
100_1515.jpg

100_1516.jpg

One can NEVER have enough bikes!

Nice collection. I love when people ask "Why do you need all those bikes?" :lol:

Its fun to put all your bikes out for a photo shoot and then worry when you go to get another ,or your camera that some bozo will ride by and run grab one and carry it off. Had my wife standing by while I brought mine out. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch...you're in Texas....aren't you allowed to shoot idiots like that on sight?

Seriously though, I know exactly what you mean. I already had the camera in my pocket and was taking the bikes out one by one always facing the street.....just because. And your recent post inspired me to do this post. Mine don't hold a candle to yours. You build some very awesome bike sir!

Your bikes are very nice too. Most of mine mean very little to me. I have three so far that wont leave. My stretched colson and the two elgins. I build to relieve the bordom . Once I finish one I really care very little about it . I move on to the next one and try to make it look better than the last one. Glad you like mine and thanks. :lol:

what an awsome collection, but no mountain boonie stomper bikes? seriously, sweet bikes and i especially like the cruisers, especially the red sears cruiser and the huffy black with the apes. i need to group photo my bikes, but with like 20, 7 here in yreka and the rest 50 miles south in dunsmuir, that'll be the day.

and yes stretch, i too do my rebuilds to relieve the bordom. with the weater this time of year, i gotta pick my ride times and the rest of the time, it tinkering 4 me. heck, my work day is 4am to 1pm and my wife is always working on th ecomputer. gotta fill my day somehow and there is no better way, that is unless my wife would work on the bikes with me, but i am not going to hold my breath. hoping the early 60's hawthorne cruiser im building up for her will get her going.

Been through several wives and lots of car ...buildings...bicycle builds ..Trust me the last thing you want is your wife helpin. Unless you have the nerves of Jobe...about the third time they do the same stupid thing in your shop ,your ready to kill them with a ball pein hammer. I have found they are best suited for "Hey hon would you bring me something to drink/eat" Or when you cant reach that one nut way down in somewhere their small hands will work. :wink:

This one hangs in the garage......forgot to break it out......2002 BMW Q6.s mountain bike....a pic from when I first got it:

2002Q6.sOutdoors.jpg

27 speed XTR drive train, full suspension, hydraulic discs, folding frame. And someone thought I had no mountain bike?

I am missing a tandem, a chopper, a trike, and I'm sure something else....

Uncle Stretch said:
Been through several wives and lots of car ...buildings...bicycle builds ..Trust me the last thing you want is your wife helpin. Unless you have the nerves of Jobe...about the third time they do the same stupid thing in your shop ,your ready to kill them with a ball pein hammer. I have found they are best suited for "Hey hon would you bring me something to drink/eat" Or when you cant reach that one nut way down in somewhere their small hands will work. :wink:

No finer words of wisdom have been written. Keep the wives OUT of the bike shop PLEASE!!!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
the black bike with the apes is great. i'd like to build one like that.

here's what I started with on the black bike with apes....it was gonna get tossed....LBS gave it to me.

HUFFYCRANBROOK26.jpg

100_1460.jpg

these are my two favorites...both Huffys, born about 20 years apart
100_1524.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:

Ishi, the last wild Indian from California told the anthros that found him that if a woman even touched his bow and arrows he had to toss them and make new ones. I guess it's a universal thing. :wink: Gary

Back