show your bike trailer! and how you hook it up to your bike!

Discussion in 'SHOW ME YOUR...' started by badmuller, Sep 15, 2011.

1. badmuller

badmuller

0   0   0

I would like to see some bikes with trailers and how they hook up to your bike.
    I know the stuff that's for sale, so show what you've made (or adjusted to your needs)!!
    sidecars too!!
  2. Markm

Markm

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while not hooked up yet, Im gonna use the set up from a kids trailer, axle mount
  3. Elmer

Elmer

0   0   0

A beautiful old wagon.
  4. Buck Masterson

Buck Masterson

0   0   0

Here is my trailer. The frame and the hitch is off of an old child carrier that I got off of http://www.freecycle.org.

[​IMG]

I built it with the tilt so that when it rains and I'm riding the water pretty much only hits the underside and don't fly up on the trailer. I painted the underside with 4 coats of miscellaneous paint that I had laying around for years just to protect it.
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty quick connect, just pull the pin and it comes right off, and goes back on in about 5 seconds.
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking about redoing it over the winter, and have several ideas so not real sure what direction I will go in yet, depends on what supplies I stumble across on the cheap!
  5. snydur

snydur

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    Untitled by andrew snyder, on Flickr
    finished mine up yesterday, was a kids trailer but all we ended up using was the axle, rims/tires, and the arm. i built the frame from 1 inch square tubing and redwood fence boards cut and sanded to make for the bottom. so far we know it holds and rides around a 170 pound teenager or two :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
    Untitled by andrew snyder, on Flickr
    the bike that is supposed to be pulling it (not my daily) is an old schwinn with a three speed that will also be a pull start bike for the roadie that is sitting on the trailer in the pictures. . .just with a bigger sprocket
  6. Mitsy

Mitsy

0   0   0

7. Mastec

Mastec

0   0   0

Mine is a work in progress and going to make a teardrop trailer to pull behind my stretch cruiser. The trailer is currently attached to the loaner bike I use until my bike comes in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached to the bike with this hitch
    [​IMG]
  8. Mastec

Mastec

0   0   0

**UPDATED**

98% finished. Still need to install some anchors for straps, need to find a couple of fenders and need to install some lighting for the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached to the bike. It's pressure treated lumber but I may stain it a dark red to somewhat match the bike.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    patman73 likes this.
  9. Bicyclerick

Bicyclerick

0   0   0

10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

0   0   0

I made this from a kick scooter. I wanted the trailer to be narrow enough to fit within the bike lane. I intended to carry a five gallon can of gasoline with it (to make premix for my motorized bike). It was a flexy setup, so I was I was only able to haul 3 gallons of fuel on it. I had a lot of fun fiddling with it and trying to make it work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive

0   0   0

I don't have a pic of mine, but I just hose clamp my old radio flyer to the back of my rear rack... It works well until you get four heavyweights, a middleweight and a old 6s briggs in it, then it likes to pull wagons apart at the seems. And flip over too.
  12. Mitsy

Mitsy

0   0   0

Our son his first Rockabilly jacket; because driving in his hot rod trailer ok, but do it with "style" :)
    [​IMG]
  13. Bigcam59

Bigcam59

0   0   0

Here's the Mini Tiki, a rolling tiki bar...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out the 30+ Items in my FOR SALE thread! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

I started a trailer thread, but then found that this one already existed.
  15. ratTED

ratTED

0   0   0

Here is a scratch fabricated trailer that came about when I decided to refurbish an old Radio Flyer wagon to pull my little dog around. ( He is a 4 pound Chihuahua) I soon morphed the idea into a bike trailer so I could take him along on rides. The idea was to make it easy to disassemble, and convert back to the original wagon. I don’t want to bore you with the details, but I found the parts cheap and it took about 4 or 5 days to complete with the cutting, welding and painting. (That also includes the wagon chassis parts and wheels) The hardest part was using what I had on hand to make a 3- axis connector that was close to a U-joint in its swivel action. I am planning to use a quick release pin for the coupler, but for the test rides it was bolted together to see how it handled. It can also be flipped over with the wagon tub removed to give it a higher ride stance, and I plan to extend the frame and add a wood floor and side boards as a third option for cargo.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    patman73 likes this.
  16. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out the 30+ Items in my FOR SALE thread! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

That RF turned out slick!!
  17. HippieKruiser

HippieKruiser

0   0   0

18. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

19. ratTED

ratTED

0   0   0

Three - Way Convertible

This project was inspired by a trailer I saw online. I just imitated the design for the frame and really cheaply. I bought a couple sticks of electrical EMT conduit along with (4) 90 degree bends, and welded it to form a box. I got two 4" angle brackets, cut them in half, and welded them to the frame rails for wheel mounts. Mounted the flatbed with (6) single conduit clips. Then I fabricated a swivel joint to connect the hitch on my Schwinn El Camino. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69825 Painted it black and added some vintage 20" rear fenders & braces.
    [​IMG]
    (1) I can use it as a flat bed...
    The wheels are quick release, and the tow bar is bolted to the inside of the frame and is removable. For storage, the whole thing with the exception of the wood box comes apart with just a few bolts.
    [​IMG]
    (2) Add the box I built ( inspired by pick up truck side boards) with a tailgate for my cooler or dog...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (3) Bolt on one, or two steel car top carrier rails to haul my other bikes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    patman73 likes this.
  20. MADDAWG

MADDAWG

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Re: Three - Way Convertible

Nice bike hauler