Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrumblero said:
IMG_20110115_144343.jpg

IMG_20110115_144254.jpg

IMG_20110115_144155.jpg

this bike needs a new home... :(

Today I picked up this 1977 Raleigh Sports. It has a few dings and is in need of an overhaul. Yet it is all original, even the tires. All thats missing is the kickstand, seatpost nut and bolt, and the Brooks label from the rear of the seat. All of the R nuts are present. It will be overhauled and placed among the rest of my British fleet.

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

004-2.jpg

Help that bike out! get them reflectors out of them wheels and add lighting! and change the trigger shifter to the older type like from early 70's You will love the look much more! nice color of bike too.

Most of the later ones Ive seen were run low on the Sports and Tourist models. In these pics, the trigger shifter is way down the bars almost near the stem. I just got my pedicab moved out of the garage today and have a place to work again, it will be gone through soon.

Hsean said:
Help that bike out! get them reflectors out of them wheels and add lighting! and change the trigger shifter to the older type like from early 70's You will love the look much more! nice color of bike too.

Remove the original reflectors and change the original shifter???????? I like to keep them as original as possible

I mean to change the parts to early raligh parts, those bikes shouldn't have plastic on them, i like keeping my bikes the period correct stuff on them but Plastic just cramps my style lol My DL-1 had one of them shifters on it, I put the other kind on it.

Regarding that cable, the reason it goes where it's going is because theres a pully wheel behind the sprocket, well should be, the early 70's models and years before that had it by seat clamp. most the time anyway, The pully on that one might not be adjusted proper making the wire run away from the lower tube, another reason I found was when the bikes where assempled some people made a mistake and ran it the wrong way and the chainguard gets in the way so they adjust it a alternative way. I know this because i've proberly owned over 250 of these bikes lol right now i think I have atleast 24 of them. by far my fav 3 speed bike.

The Raleigh sports is a bicycle that you can keep riding, despite never being maintained and sitting in all types of weathers, aslong as the tires hold air, even if they don't the bike will almost always be ridable. The 1939 Sports I have is a good example, it was hiding for such a longtime and rode like a dream once tires where aired up.

Obey The Raleigh! Get one for yourself!. Also highly modable!

cashman said:
Does this count?

manual.jpg

I don't have a vintage Raleigh bike, but do have vintage Raleigh parts catalog from the late 1960's. Thanks!!!

Cashman, would you be interested in parting with this book?

Very few ladies bikes on here, So heres a 72 to add..Brooks saddle and S/A 3 sp. Yall got some sweet ones!
murry-raleigh005.jpg

I'd invite You here Joe but then I wouldn't get to see what Ya got there in Kansas! One of these days!!!!! :lol:

Just won the ebay auction for a new in box 2004 Raleigh Chopper. I know, its a repop but an original is way out of my range.

KGrHqRpIE9c2BDUPOBPYMiJ1JQ60_12.jpg

I always likedf them little choppers. I want a Raleigh Firebolt, I likes those, i should update my collection in this thread lol I have a few new Raleighs

Raleigh Sprite (plan to put these fenders on my 1948 Black Rudge Whitworth
IMAGE_0201.jpg

Raleigh Super Deluxe (this rack went on my BEER RUN RRB BO #6 entry)
IMAGE_0191.jpg

Raleigh Twenty
My20wJohnny1.jpg

1948 Rudge Whitworth Sports
RWa1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back