SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schwinn heavi-Duti with dual atom drum brakes
20160225_182237.jpg
20160225_182258.jpg
20160225_182412.jpg

7661d464a65b80378afc3419eac598ba.jpg
. It's a work in progress. Mixing Vintage and Old School BMX. Trying not to get past the 1980's in parts. So far just the seat, tires, and pedals are newer, but only there for the mock up. The dual springers I scored yesterday. (How much should I have paid? High/low values) Guy has the drop outs on wrong and need to add Teflon washers and new nuts & bolts while apart. These gumwalls are my new favorite tire for the klunker/ Cruiser bikes.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Found just the frame on the side of the road, service and got her rolling. I probably ride this one the most.
26401881642_f87975489b_b.jpg

But...just started working on this older Huffy Hermosa today. Grip-shift is gone, rear hub was fried...tried to rebuild it..no luck..swapped out another wheel with a 7 sprocket cassette. Front tire dry-rotted beyond hope....think I have another whitewall somewhere. We'll see where it goes..probably just make it into a Single Speed..not sure. :)
26494197205_d109ed2dd9_b.jpg

2fb9e57bfb6d98d71ee240594281cbf7.jpg

Huffy pro beach cruiser turned rusty klunker. Only new parts are grips and layback seat post. Aluminim pit bike motorcycle bars, alloy weinmann wheels, 1.95 wide tires for now, 3 piece cranks, suicide shifter, 1x6 gearing. Will seal it with linseed oil or something at some point. Needs some better brake pads.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Thanks. same style frame as Elgin obviously but I believe Murray made this frame . In my research & help from other forum members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that Hiawatha is Murray-built. Most of the Sears Elgins were made by either Murray or Westfield; by that point in time, "Elgin" was just a badge/brand that Sears used to market other manufacturers' bikes. (They switched to JC Higgins post-war.) Apparently, there was a manufacturer called Elgin that made bikes and sold them as "Elgins" before Sears took the name over, but those are much older, and I've never seen one in-person.

Yeah, that Hiawatha is Murray-built. Most of the Sears Elgins were made by either Murray or Westfield; by that point in time, "Elgin" was just a badge/brand that Sears used to market other manufacturers' bikes. (They switched to JC Higgins post-war.) Apparently, there was a manufacturer called Elgin that made bikes and sold them as "Elgins" before Sears took the name over, but those are much older, and I've never seen one in-person.
Thanks man , always like a history lesson I learned something today [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont come by too many 24" Vintage Cruiser frames so i was happy to get this one together!. I couldn't find any identifying marks so its just an unknown.:cool2:
2016-05-06%2017.40.50_zpsynpxegkm.jpg

Looks like the same frame and chain wheel as the Earth Cruisers were back in the day. I'm not sure who made those frames though, Jamis?

Latest posts

Back