SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I posted this in the Ind-Chuckz thread, I hope it's okay to post here too, since I think it fits here.

Hey Joe,

Pinoy ako.

Schwinn Boy,

I did my undergrad at NAU. Flagstaff is an awesome place to live and ride, especially in the summer.

The paint was more time consuming and challenging than anticipated, I guess. The trim still needs some work but it's still pretty cool. You likely can't tell, but the design was expected to be ichthys. I may add four in descending size to the chain guard to represent my family.

I guess this would be considered a klunker/bomber/standie.
12278683_10153790454482028_2805803731397590207_n.jpg

12107739_10153790454657028_2063099074123929880_n.jpg

12301736_10153790454737028_7349295682384355799_n.jpg

Frame: Schwinn Heavy Duti via Ind-Chuckz
Fork: Unknown cast bladed fork
Trusses: Schwinn repop
Saddle: Gyes sprung
Seatpost: Unknown fluted
Pedals: XLC Bear Trap red ano
Cranks: Haro chromoly 3 piece
Handlebars: Banshee chrome V-bars
Chainring: Chop Saw I
Chain: Unbranded chrome & red ano
Spider: Neptune 5-bolt red ano
Grips: Fuan Oakley-3 style
Stem: 80's Mongoose mountain bike
Wheels: Velosteel 26" coaster brake
Light: Unknown LED

Sweet build and glad to meet a fellow Pinoy in here. Looking forward to seeing your future projects. Mabuhay!

I'm just ripping off someone else's idea you know R & D: rip off and duplicate! :) Well I cheated and used a early 80's mtb frame that was super layed back and then added everything else, not going for 100% accuracy. Trying to keep that parts and look close, going to nickle plate it as well. Also not going seek out parts, I have 80 crates of stuff at home :eek:, so I want to keep the build under 100 bucks. We'll see. So far some gold araya 7c rims laced to phil wood hubs. Just cut the fork tonight and got the head set back in, grinding my craptacular TIG welds :).... getting better. I've had this idea in my head for a while...Updates when they occur.

I always liked those Series One frames; i always figured an easy way to get the look would be to add a toptube to a mixte, but your way eliminates the lugs and keeps the geometry mtb-style. Don't even worry about "ripping off and duplicating"; I read what some of those other hammers were typing over on the Strandie thread, and it was about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Keep on doing good work; you do more for modern day klunking and retro 26 stuff than pretty much anyone else out there...talking as much about the events as the products; it is s'posed to be about the rides more than the machines, right? Can't what to see how your fake Breezer turns out; the nickel-plating will really seal the deal. (Also makes sense with what chrome plating costs these days, but I was always surprised that Joe Breeze went with nickel back in the 70s, when chrome was so much better than it is now, and relatively cheap, too.)

Thanks. I read some of that banter too, some ill-conceived ideas there, people love to be pretentious snobs and you know what ? They can! I try not to cultivate such concepts in my life, I destroy cool, it's one of my hobbies :). All I saw was a bunch of middle aged men still trying to be one of the "cool kids"-Pathetic. Anyway, yeah it's coming along, going to have it ride in the next week I know it because I can't wait to shred on it! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the kind words and Klunk on!!

Thanks, still don't know how to link flickr pics on here...

Thanks, still don't know how to link flickr pics on here...
Open the pic you want to share,
Click the little bent arrow in the bottom right hand corner,
Select "BB Code" from the options and the size you want. (I recommend "Medium 640")
Copy the code that comes up and just paste that directly into you post here at RRB.

:thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back