Shop bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been building to many bikes lately but I have wanted to build this one for years now,plus I need a bad to the bone beer runner

Wow! Looks awesome!
Any flex from that one tube design?

Luke.
Yep it's all over the place but I Wana get cranks on it before I add more steel, It won't turn for nothing but I'm hopping when I get pedals on it will ride ok,I was worried about up and down flex but it has massive side to side movment

Yep it's all over the place but I Wana get cranks on it before I add more steel, It won't turn for nothing but I'm hopping when I get pedals on it will ride ok,I was worried about up and down flex but it has massive side to side movment
Good to know! I guess any hard turns would also bottom out the frame at the front too?

Luke.

Well, that answers the age old question of "how low can you go?" I would nickname it the 'Limbo Bike'. You could fab a steering dampener from a small shock to help smooth out some of that wheel flop. At least if you tip over after your beer run, you won't have far to fall. :thumbsup:

I love this, it ticks all of my boxes: ridiculously low, ridiculously slack, ridicolously tall apes...
I'd just raise the saddle abit and put two more tubes to make a rear triangle and avoid that flexyou talk about...
Also, flipping your fork legs 180° should help with the wheel flop :D

Keep on the good work!

I love this, it ticks all of my boxes: ridiculously low, ridiculously slack, ridicolously tall apes...
I'd just raise the saddle abit and put two more tubes to make a rear triangle and avoid that flexyou talk about...
Also, flipping your fork legs 180° should help with the wheel flop :D

Keep on the good work!
I think I need to and a some more tube ! If I flip the fork legs I will be way to low even if I extend the legs all the way out

This site is chock full of great ideas. A lot of great minds here, and it all works just like this. Post a pic or comment and you'll get ideas and suggestions.
Check out the archives for some inspiration, plenty of great ideas there.

Latest posts

Back