Shelby Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://venturaflyer.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

I apologize as this is my first post here. I couldn't upload the pics to this website so I put them up on shutterfly. I picked this cutey up the other day. nice rusty patina. Mismatched petals and tires, no seat. Appears to have late Elgin 1930's fenders and chain guard. I am considering parting out the bike. The frame probably isn't worth much but the elgin parts could probably be of use to someone. The front tire would rub if changed to correct size. Notice the cool 1942 LA Bike License plate. The man I bought it from was the second owner and he bought it in the 1950's. The aftermarket rack looks like something a newspaper delivery boy would use.
Any comments of suggestion would be appreciated

I'm interested in the guard and/or fenders. Looks like a hodge podge of parts on that thing to say the least.

Please PM me with your offers. I think the guard and fenders deserve a good home. The rack would make a standout paperboy tribute bike. I haven't seen one like it for sale. Anyone have a decent springer saddle, rust is okay and actually preferred. :D

Latest posts

Back