1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

shefield free spirit- tires?.....new tires on!!

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by kenfyoozed, May 28, 2012.

1. kenfyoozed

kenfyoozed

i was given a ladies Shefield Free Spirit bike. Now to bad of shape, but the tires are pretty much non existent. Would anyone know what size? They seem to very narrow. I know this is a horribly newbie question, so i apologize in advance. :oops:

it looks like this one,,,,,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sasha_miike/42542432/

2. mos6502

mos6502

Re: shefield free spirit- tires?

Most likely 26 x 1 /38"

Have you got a photo of the bike? Is it a three speed?

3. kenfyoozed

kenfyoozed

Im assuming a 3 speed would have some sort of shifter and this one does not.

4. mos6502

mos6502

Coaster brake? It's still most likely 26 x 1 3/8" - take the wheel to a bike shop and they should be able to make sure about it.

5. deorman

deorman

Tire size for these bikes is labeled as follows: 26"x1 3/8" E.A.3. Also known as 650a. ISO 590.

6. kenfyoozed

kenfyoozed

Got me some tires for this bike ..........

[​IMG]

Thanks again. I really enjoyed riding this bike around. I didn't think I would like the thin tires but I do.